CrowleyHead

Yeah, chucking that into a fire is a much better investment. Get the smell of molten vinyl in your body, new life experiences. Much more commendable than spreading the plague of this piece of rubbish.

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
"While life can be predictable it is never ever fair, I must learn to dance with life again while Autumn is still here."

from the forthcoming Kode9 EP

RIP Spaceape. Was a bit of a marmite presence but put a big stamp on that era and was ten times better than Crazy D

Rough few months for the Hyperdub camp

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
RIP Spaceape. Was a bit of a marmite presence but put a big stamp on that era and was ten times better than Crazy D

I respectfully disagree. I can see why people didn't like Crazy D but for me his voice and chats are synonymous with Dubstep as much if not more so than Spaceape.

R.I.P. to Spaceape. He made a huge contribution to Dubstep and I have great memories of seeing him performing with 9. Can't say I'm the biggest fan of his, though.

benjybars

village elder.
Yeah Crazy D is so synonymous with the best of FWD>> when it was at Plastic People. Also seems strange to compare him with Spaceape. They're such different hosts. Crazy D would always increase the hype by about 400% whenever he touched mic at FWD>> whereas Spaceape never had anything like that impact whenever I saw him host with Kode9. But Spaceape's performances on the early Hyperdub 10"s are solid gold.

CrowleyHead

We really comparing Spaceape and Crazy D???

But no, this was one of my favorite poets ever, even if their new single was abysmal. RIP.

rubberdingyrapids

i actually really like the new stuff. never liked spaceape all that much tbh, always thought he was a little try-hard with his sage/poet pose, and also that he was a little silly because of that (though dubstep all stars 3 with him and kode 9 was good), but im into that new EP of theirs. you probably have to like saul williams first though. RIP, very sad to hear.

http://www.hyperdub.net/releases/view/280/HYP012

trza

I thought the whole bubble had burst on the brostep thing, like it had peaked in 2009. Replaced by trap and deep house and other stuff.

Then I walk past the magazine rack at the gas station and Skrillex is staring back at me.
skrillex-rolling-stone-cover-2014_zpsd7c119b5.png

Is RS just behind the times, is Skrillex crossing over with his big fan base sticking by him? Is there something I need to know about the new album, but somebody could tell me without me having to listen to it?