Hip-Hop-1990-1993

claphands

Poorly-known member
The Insane Poetry album I mentioned is horrocore from 1992, but they'd been making that shit since the mid 1980s

edit: according to wikipedia, they called their music "Terrifying Style"

Last edited:

nomos

Administrator
i picked up a tape by askari x when i was in SF in 1993. it was more like NOI snuff fantasy rap - graphically detailed stories about kidnapping and killing white devil children, etc.

gumdrops

virtually everything i was going to recommend has been mentioned already... 93/94 stuff is different to early 90s stuff though. 93-94 is when the more self reflexive keep it real mentality started and the production started getting a lot thicker/harder... some other albums id recommend if theyve not been said already are the second kool g rap and de la soul albums and masta aces first album...

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
Huh? What?

Oh my God! Finally a thread on Dissensus I actually want to post on ever since the Hip Hop thread was dissolved. If any of you are looking for any of these albums mentioned in this very thread (K.M.C. Crew included) just beg...I mean ask and I'll tell you where to look. One.

petergunn

plywood violin
Oh my God! Finally a thread on Dissensus I actually want to post on ever since the Hip Hop thread was dissolved. If any of you are looking for any of these albums mentioned in this very thread (K.M.C. Crew included) just beg...I mean ask and I'll tell you where to look. One.

do you know where i can get an MP3 of that Top Choice Clique track with the Synthetic Substitution drums? name is on the tip of my tongue...

Last edited:

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound

I'd like to hear the KMC and Insane Poetry stuff PD, look forward to yr blog bein up again soon, don't work too hard!

nomos

Administrator
two kings in a cipher. i liked positive k too.

in canada we had maestro fresh wes whose first album was really good, very not-new york sounding. the second one was alright. by the third one he was in with ditc but it didn't turn out that well.

Last edited: