Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewart Home vs Tony Wakefield

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Dust View Post
    True enough but the cupboard was bare, DIJ always bring Discharge to mind, and boy did they have nothing to say.
    Aww but they said it so well.

Quote Originally Posted by mistersloane View Post
    Aww but they said it so well.

I wanted them to be so much more tho, the first two 7's are brilliant and they looked ace but it was such a shame there was nothing much behind it all Plus they couldn't play live to save their lives, out of time and Cal often sang the wrong words.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Dust View Post
    I wanted them to be so much more tho, the first two 7's are brilliant and they looked ace but it was such a shame there was nothing much behind it all Plus they couldn't play live to save their lives, out of time and Cal often sang the wrong words.
    Lol "war is a blackhole to avoid" goes up there with 'war war is stupid' and 'war what is it good for' in my books in trite declarations about genocide. I still play that first thing in the morning sometimes. Missed em live, that's sad, I had this image of them being this burning brilliant dumb thing...

Death in June did one good song, 'Fall Apart', and then did it again, lots and lots, and worse and worse.

Quote Originally Posted by mistersloane View Post
    Lol "war is a blackhole to avoid" goes up there with 'war war is stupid' and 'war what is it good for' in my books in trite declarations about genocide. I still play that first thing in the morning sometimes. Missed em live, that's sad, I had this image of them being this burning brilliant dumb thing...

Death in June did one good song, 'Fall Apart', and then did it again, lots and lots, and worse and worse.
    I really liked Black Ice by DIJ. I once went to an I.O.T ritual and Ian Read from Fire+Ice was there, everyone was going on about what a good voice he had. I wished they hadn't talked him into singing - it was shite.

Check Youtube for some live Discharge action.

Ian Read is a knob.

I'm a bit disappointed by all this and yes, I do care, and no, I didn't know all this, despite... well, you know.

I thought Tibet and Freya were a bit more switched on than this. It's a bit more than just doing something silly as a teenager - it's deliberate entryism.

At some point I should write to Stewart and ask him to clarify that the IoT wasn't a fascist organisation and had some really good people in it.
    paul.meme
    Out now: Move Down Low VIP on SOUL JAZZ Records SJR225-12
    Out now: Blackdown & Dusk Meet Grievous Angel Uptown: Margins Music Redux (Keysound LDN014)
    Out now: Soundclash1 Remix / Harpy (Keysound LDN011)
    Out now: Ice Rink Refix (Devotional Dubz ERZULIE03)
    Out soon: WOOFAH 4!
    http://blog.grievousangel.net/ | http://www.myspace.com/grievousangelsoundsystem

Quote Originally Posted by 2stepfan View Post
    Ian Read is a knob.

I'm a bit disappointed by all this and yes, I do care, and no, I didn't know all this, despite... well, you know.

I thought Tibet and Freya were a bit more switched on than this. It's a bit more than just doing something silly as a teenager - it's deliberate entryism.

At some point I should write to Stewart and ask him to clarify that the IoT wasn't a fascist organisation and had some really good people in it.
    I don't know Ian that well but I'm certainly not a fan of his music or the company he kept. I'm surprised that many people didn't suss what they where up to anyway - it's not that well hidden.

The IoT went tits went it was in the hands of Pete, he just wanted it to be the new OTO and I don't remember Ian running the IoT either, I thought Dave Lee took over after Pete gave up the ghost.

The IOT is still going, but I've no idea how good or otherwise it is as it's always been a closed shop. I think this is a bit crap myself because it encourages introversion and would seem to prevent cross fertilisation with other groups.

I may write something about how the relativism of chaos magic can lead to fascism as if every paradigm is as good as another, what wrong with dabbling with the far right or a bit of holocaust denial? Which is something I've encountered in some of the more naive Chaos magicians on the web. Obviously, CM in itself doesn't necessarily take the fast train to Bechenwald but if you see this combined this with elitism and misanthropy (see Read's editorials for Chaos International), secrecy and connections with a load of people who have problems with their right arms.... I think you have to wonder.

For something completely different see this lecture at Treadwells tomorrow:

http://www.treadwells-london.com/lectures.asp

If any of y'all want to come better phone and book a place, as the talks tend to sell out.

Why is it that occultists have more arguments that lead to "I'm never talking to you again, so there" than any other social group around, that's what I wanna know.

Because they are ENLIGHTENED MASTERS bearing the BURDENS of the NU AEON on THIER OVERLOADED SHOULDERS which you would UNDERSTAND if you weren't one of TEH SHEEPLE

It's either that or ...

...the occult attracts marginalised and socially dysfunctional people and the practices involved sometimes produce hard to process experiences. Occult infighting is all part of the fun.

To be fair, the same sort of fallings out manifest themselves in fringe politics.

Whilst the IOT isn't a fascist org per se the whole "belief as a tool" thing coupled with some of the personalities involved has made it a comfortable home for some racists and fascists in the past. And of course if you call people on that shit they have the neat get out clause of:

"oh I was just experimenting with an extreme right wing paradigm. That's why I always tell racist jokes / published an occult fascist magazine / went to a BNP meeting / did a ritual to get all of the immigrants out of my country" etc.

But yes, there were some good people involved as well - you just found yourself asking why they would hang around with idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by john eden View Post
    did a ritual to get all of the immigrants out of my country" etc.
    What's the ritual for picking the Grand National winner?

I mean, fascism, whatever, but how do you select the lucky horse?

And don't say "it's an arcane secret"

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post

I dunno - have you tried sticking a pin in the selection?

I dunno - have you tried sticking a pin in the selection?
    What, like Himmler used to do??

You're all bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post

The ritual for betting against the odds and making a million is as always, start with 2 million.

To be fair, the same sort of fallings out manifest themselves in fringe politics.
    S'funny, I was gonna add 'and politics' to my post.

I like magick people generally, my favourite wind up when coversation gets too heated is always the 'go on, boil a kettle then, go on'.