mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Good article John, I didn't realise it was you who did that article about Tony and Compulsion. Answered my questions - I guess you're right in that it's just about time that all this stuff was compiled into one place, especially given that Hidden Reverse left it all out.

Death to False Nazism!

john eden

male pale and stale
Good article John, I didn't realise it was you who did that article about Tony and Compulsion. Answered my questions - I guess you're right in that it's just about time that all this stuff was compiled into one place, especially given that Hidden Reverse left it all out.

Death to False Nazism!

I'm glad you liked it - and I'm also glad that there are people taking the piss out of all this to people's faces, so I guess a variety of approaches is needed ;)

mistersloane

I think my favourite was Vjing for an EBM band at the Slimelight which just consisted of me typing slogans on the screen like 'Fucking stupid middle class wankers playing with fascism'. And yeah, I always considered it infiltration - like I'm here, I'm mixed race, I'm queer, what motherfuckers, what? ;)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Haha, great stuff from vim and mistersloane here. :)

I know next to nothing about this 'scene' but all these bands that don't so much 'flirt with' Nazi imagery as drunkenly pull it and wake up next to it with a hangover - it all strikes me as being basically Marilyn Manson for people who think they've outgrown Marilyn Manson.

That said, I bet Rammstein are enormous fun to see live... *cue death threats from the industrial purists*

mistersloane

Haha, great stuff from vim and mistersloane here. :)

I know next to nothing about this 'scene' but all these bands that don't so much 'flirt with' Nazi imagery as drunkenly pull it and wake up next to it with a hangover - it all strikes me as being basically Marilyn Manson for people who think they've outgrown Marilyn Manson.

That said, I bet Rammstein are enormous fun to see live... *cue death threats from the industrial purists*

I really like Der Blutharsch, some of it anyway. They're really pretty. The music, that is.

MK-ULTRA

Stewart Home said:
DIJ are sold ... on the basis that the "group" might be politically dodgy.

Is this not a similar tactic to Home's posing as a skinhead in press shots to promote his 90s skinhead books?

john eden

male pale and stale
Home WAS a skinhead in the eighties and most of the 90s. Not just in press shots.

He's generally been very clear about his political positions as well, whereas DIJ have mystified their actual beliefs.

MK-ULTRA

I dressed up as a skinhead for various publicity photographs and then put a pair of these pictures on the front of two titles published by AK Press. Since potential readers would see what appeared to be someone involved in a youth cult on the front, it would hopefully bring to mind the New English Library skinhead and hells' angel novels of the early seventies.
-http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/art/paint.htm

I hope it doesnt look like ive spent the last 3 months scouring the internet for quotations...I just came across this.

martin

----
Appears Wakeford's Above The Ruins LP is getting a reissue.

The label responsible has stated: Part the money from sales will be donated to charities like “Hunt Saboteurs”, “Southall Black Sisters” and "Animal defense community".

Doesn't take a lot to pick up on a possible, unpleasant connotation there - though, with Wakeford now belting out anti-fascist lyrics with the reformed Crisis, who knows? Not that I've any intention of buying this, either way.

john eden

male pale and stale
It's a pretty awful record even if you gloss over the subject matter and the people involved.

Do you have a link to the label? I am wondering if Southall Black Sisters know about this and are OK with having donations from the proceeds of an album originally released by a bunch of NF losers...

martin

----
Do you have a link to the label? I am wondering if Southall Black Sisters know about this and are OK with having donations from the proceeds of an album originally released by a bunch of NF losers...

Yep, here:
Main site: https://infinitefog.ru/

They also seem to be putting out some Zos Kia retrospective.
Would be interested to hear SBS' take on it, assuming it's not just a racist joke.

(ETA: also contains their track from the No Surrender NF comp, though doesn't mention the source or context).

john eden

male pale and stale
Well they seem like wrong 'uns.

It's pretty stupid to think that nobody will mention the elephant in the room on this one.

I assume TW thinks giving money to progressive organisations makes the fascist nonsense on the album OK.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Actually, yes, I think I was conflating this situation with the occasional arguments in avant-classical circles over whether (say) total serialism is an instrument of fascism or whether it's the only valid form of resistance to fascism. Even there people can start to get a bit close to actual racism (generally via a distaste for modern popular music and its 'blackness'), but the fascist / racist element in neofolk / gothic / occultism is much more explicit, even if it is confined to a fairly niche subculture...

And I guess there's a connection here to Wyndham Lewis, Ezra Pound, and reactionary modernism in general?

I thought the nazis had official swing bands?