Timbaland Steals Arabic Music

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
I would wager the solipsism of scenes works on both sides of the Atlantic. If you dare make a disparaging remark about a hallowed garage or jungle tune you get ripped on here. Same as you would on CB, although I've never read comments there, and I'm not a regular reader of it...

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
but British dudes (or dudes, ahem, into British music) would never deny the overwhelming influence of American popular music. as Sick Boy said, it's practically a British tradition to take some kind of American music & alter it such that it becomes thoroughly unpalatable to Americans. there's a difference between solipsism & sacred cows, at least the way I understand the concept of solipsism.

@tartablanca - oh yeah sure. all kinds of cool weird stuff pops up on CB, that's a big part of the appeal.

sufi

lala
Timbaland rips off Arabic music?
I like Timbo and all, but I personally feel that he should be forced to give credit to the Arabic composers and producers who originally created these songs. Here’s a list below to show you the proof of Timbaland’s plagiarism of Arabic music.

Jay-Z – “Big Pimpin” (Abdel Halim Hafez – “Khosara”)

Aaliyah – “Don’t Know What To Tell Ya” (Warda – “Batwanness Bik”)

Aaliyah – “More Than A Woman” (Mayada El Hennawi – “Alouli Ensa”)

Petey Pablo – “Raise Up” (Um Kulthoum – “Enta Omri”)

Ms. Jade – “Dead Wrong” (Kazem El Saher “El Zaman”)

Missy Elliott – “One Minute Man” (Joanna Mallah – “La Mostahel”)

Justin Timberlake – “(Oh No) What You Got” (Debka Druz – “Debka of the Druz”)

Utada Hikaru – “Exodus ’04” (Aitha Al Menhali – “Meshkeltek")

Ne-Yo and Fabulous – “Makes Me Better” (Sherine – “Aal Saaban Aleh”)

Nelly Furtado "Wait for You" (Muhlis Akarsu – “Allah Allah Desem Gelsem”)

Update: for the 2nd link, go here instead:

Update 2:
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/...Dzo-O28V1cM7ldELLE7_uwH1mkwmUWls2ZT02qV8TbNvS

good comments from a decade ago