global financial crash yay!

N

nomadologist

if i were less of a pussy, i would go 80m8 the pipelines that flow in every direction north and south all over the U.S.

vimothy

yurp
I don't really know how significant it is. At a guess, I'd say quite but not very, if only because those predicting it means the death of America tend to sound like they're making a wish.

An oil exchange trading in Euros could be significant. But can you really see investors writing contracts in Tehran instead of New York or London? Not convinced - I think that it's more like good propaganda for Iran, and their inability to meet their own deadlines for opening supports that view.

N

nomadologist

when you get sued by the justice department, it's all fun and games.

i'm already in deep shit, Mr. Tea.

Why don't you post something up about terrorism, yeah? pussy

Write a whole long post about jih4d, why don't you? I dare you

N

nomadologist

And lots of rich people out on the street. Who will survive? Jeezus, I wonder? The rich or the poor, out on the street?

N

nomadologist

Those rednecks? They would be eaten alive in the Bronx *today*, let alone if the economy collapsed.

When the economy collapses, everyone will have to go where there are people to get resources/medical treatment. This will mean the cities will be overflowing, until a new infastructure rises.

It will probably be drug cartels that take over, but I'm fine with that.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
when you get sued by the justice department, it's all fun and games.

i'm already in deep shit, Mr. Tea.

Why don't you post something up about terrorism, yeah? pussy

Write a whole long post about jih4d, why don't you? I dare you

I would hereby like to publicly announce that I personally intend to blow up The Great Satan George W. Bush and his now-defunct lapdog Blair, in the name of almighty Allah, so help me, er, Allah.

There. :cool:

N

nomadologist

Not good enough. You need to put jih4d in there, and lots of stuff about getting your reward from Allah.

vimothy

yurp
And lots of rich people out on the street. Who will survive? Jeezus, I wonder? The rich or the poor, out on the street?

Why will rich people have to live on the street? A 400% price rise in the Consumer Price Index (or whatever the actual amount was during the '70s oil crisis) will not put rich people onto the streets where they will battle it out in some Mad-Max type scenario with poorer, leaner people. It will just make everything more expensive. And I'm not thinking only of the US, either.

N

nomadologist

Why will rich people have to live on the street? A 400% price rise in the Consumer Price Index (or whatever the actual amount was during the '70s oil crisis) will not put rich people onto the streets where they will battle it out in some Mad-Max type scenario with poorer, leaner people. It will just make everything more expensive. And I'm not thinking only of the US, either.

If we burn up all the oil reserves it will make a lot of people really, really, really poor really, really, really fast.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Not good enough. You need to put jih4d in there, and lots of stuff about getting your reward from Allah.

Eh? I used the word 'bomb' which you felt the need to disguise. Oh, alright then: "I quite fancy going on a nice jihad, anyone care to join me?"

crackerjack

Those rednecks? They would be eaten alive in the Bronx *today*, let alone if the economy collapsed.

When the economy collapses, everyone will have to go where there are people to get resources/medical treatment. This will mean the cities will be overflowing, until a new infastructure rises.

It will probably be drug cartels that take over, but I'm fine with that.

Oh dear. You need to go wartch The Warriors again and think deep on what happened to Cyrus.

Can you dig it?

N

nomadologist

Apparently, Vim has never heard of Hubbert's oil peak. ONe of many things, I know.

N

nomadologist

Oh dear. You need to go wartch The Warriors again and think deep on what happened to Cyrus.

Can you dig it?

what is the Warriors?

Ask a fucking American republican what is going to happen. You people are clueless. Fucking amazingly clueless.

3underscore

I don't really know how significant it is. At a guess, I'd say quite but not very, if only because those predicting it means the death of America tend to sound like they're making a wish.

Anyone here who knows what they're on about (3underscore? robjc?) care to enlighten us?

I don't really know how important it would be. I mean, currency markets and everything are efficient enough as it is, so the currency would be a significant perceptual change but that is all.

Vimothy's remark that oil at $97 is partly true, but absurd in ways as well. Oil has moved due to reserves, a storm over oil refineries in the North Sea, the kurd situation. The dollar being weak doesn't help, but if you wanted to buy some vol this year, you would have bought oil (20% move) versus the USDEUR (5%) or cable (5%). So, really, it has little to do with FX and a lot to do with oil.

The moving of China's reserves is a big big deal, but has been discussed before and is discussed very often. Especially when the markets are as nervous as they are (the Dow has had I think 9 100-point moves in the past 13 sessions - crazy vol). While I do see that the Chinese reserves moving would be negative for the US, I am fascinated to see where it goes. China makes the Dubai lot look like they are small players if they start investing in infrastructure or other items.

The more I think about all this, the more I get worried about China post-olympics and what will come with that. The country is clearly rigged to look good all the way to 2008, and I have to wonder what kind of mess will result at the end.