NYTimes: Why do men lie about sex?

zhao

there are no accidents
everyone should be fucking as much as they please, all the time. fat people, "unattractive" people, everyone.

I'm not sure if people in places not completely dominated by advertising get freaky more often. would be interesting to do a study but there are many many other factors that can contribute to the outcome of the statistic. maybe too many.

having lived in Los Angeles for 10 years... and having drunkenly chatted up probably hundreds of very sexy but entirely sexless women... the disparity between what a culture appears or professes to celebrate and actual reality becomes very clear.

Gavin

booty bass intellectual
everyone should be fucking as much as they please, all the time. fat people, "unattractive" people, everyone.

I'm not sure if people in places not completely dominated by advertising get freaky more often. would be interesting to do a study but there are many many other factors that can contribute to the outcome of the statistic. maybe too many.

having lived in Los Angeles for 10 years... and having drunkenly chatted up probably hundreds of very sexy but entirely sexless women... the disparity between what a culture appears or professes to celebrate and actual reality becomes very clear.

I have a friend from Kentucky who has a lot of relatives "in the hills" in the east of the state. Apparently everyone is always having freaky sex because there's nothing else to do. Lots of violence related to jealousy, etc. though.

N

nomadologist

I have a friend from Kentucky who has a lot of relatives "in the hills" in the east of the state. Apparently everyone is always having freaky sex because there's nothing else to do. Lots of violence related to jealousy, etc. though.

I noticed the same thing growing up in the remotest part of upstate NY. I think some parents even WISHED there was more drug use going on just to stave off the HPV pandemic that resulted from the utter boredom.

N

nomadologist

TV shows named to the contrary nothwithstanding, i have definitely noticed that city folk have far less sex than country folk

this is all anecdotal, but it is what i have noticed.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
TV shows named to the contrary nothwithstanding, i have definitely noticed that city folk have far less sex than country folk

this is all anecdotal, but it is what i have noticed.

I guess you don't have to go through the awkward preliminaries of getting to know each other when you've grown up together and share a surname and much of your DNA... ;)

N

nomadologist

yeah, i always felt bad for the poor scotch-irish kids who were second cousins with their first cousins and first cousins with their brothers up there. i felt lucky to be a wop up there.

i don't know if people had corn fights. i bet that's what the amish did for fun. there were lots of amish up there.