Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: Suggest a Book for the dissensus book club!

Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    Can you guys watch this? 'The rich mouth'. Its a must for any Flann fan:

http://www.tg4.ie/en/programmes/flan...-beal-saibhir/
    I can watch it, sure. I can't understand it because it's in, like, Proto-Indo-European or something, but my confusion was at least short-lived because it's 30 seconds long.

Still, a nice thought.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Hmm... I thought it was the whole show, with subtitles for the sasanach.

CJ Stone took forever to arrive. Initial impression is mixed. On the one hand he seems deft at unfolding a series of events with a vaguely earnest, unforced significance. The interpretation about Jesus feeding the five thousand is nice... but similarly 'philosophical' asides feel a touch too musing...Like a Giles Coren restaurant review.

Still, as someone who never experienced the rave scene(s) first hand it feels valuable... not least his references to pubs. Who has a local where they drink everyday these days? Surely this pleasure has been robbed from unemployed life and the sinister suburbs.

Quote Originally Posted by you View Post
    Who has a local where they drink everyday these days? Surely this pleasure has been robbed from unemployed life and the sinister suburbs.
    Quite clearly you are not a middle aged man with teenage children.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jenks For This Useful Post:

I'm quite enjoying Fierce Dancing, but I'm not making great headway because I'm also reading a couple of other books, both of which are kind of massive. I'm happy to put more effort into CSJ if others want to discuss it in depth.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

My copy arrived today! Will start reading this weekend. Just finished Zoe Whittall's 'The Best Kind of People' btw. It's a very different book, all about how a family deals with the accusation that the father is a child rapist. It's slow and a bit redundant in places but I would still recommend it.