Suggest a Book for the dissensus book club!

luka

bit old fashioned this book tbh.
the yoking of an adjective to every noun and verb is still what passes for creative writing in a lot of peoples heads.
corpulent woodpigeons. corpuscular rodents. rambunctious pheasant. ambitious geese. duplicitous lobster. virulent lettuce. sinuous nosebleed. crapulent fur.
corrosive valentine.

you get it a lot in Shakespeare but it's almost always suprising and illuminating whereas in Milton it's just convention and prosaic.

luka

ambitious aim
impious war
ethereal sky
hideous ruin
horrid crew
baleful eyes
doleful shades
obdurate pride
steadfast hate
dismal situation
tempestuous fire
impetuous rage
livid flames
horrid vale
torrid clime
mournful gloom
oblivious pool
hideous change
horrid king
wanton rites
lustful orgies
horrid front
disastrous twilight

craner

Beast of Burden
"soldiers, helmets cocked down, legs spread, trampling, muscles drawn back, over new born babes swaddled in scarlet, violet shawls : babies falling from arms of women huddled on floors of GMC trucks; driver's free hand pushing back goat forward into cab..."

craner

Beast of Burden
Hateful, disgusting book, mind. But technically brilliant. Even Beckett could not write such prose.

luka

im on book III now. making good progress. right into it now. if i want distracting later i might type out some of the best bits so far.

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
something is seriously wrong with my body

i've had a cold for about four months now - not even exaggerating

and for the last two + weeks it's been particularly odious

something is seriously wrong with my body

i've had a cold for about four months now - not even exaggerating
and for the last two + weeks it's been particularly odious

You're probably Vitamin D and Zinc deficient if it's lingering like that. I take 5 or 6 Vitamin D3 25mcg tablets every day throughout the Winter and have not had a serious or even moderate cold in years.
http://roguehealthandfitness.com/how-much-vitamin-d-do-we-need/
http://roguehealthandfitness.com/does-vitamin-d-prevent-the-flu/

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
Thanks for that! I've been taking vitamin D tablets but only one a day and this link seems to suggest I should be having a lot more.