Grime Top Tens

viktorvaughn

it's b-live!

"try to (inaudible, maybe 'make a meal from eski'?) / you'll get a red shirt like emile heskey / but it won't have a number on it"

as featured on the start of plasticman's (as was) rinsessions cd

Oh yeah it comes back now. Got that one totally wrong!

gabriel

The Heatwave
Yes of course.. does Riko talk about United in his bars at all? He was winding up the North London crowd at Heatwave once by dissing Arsenal lol.

LOL yeah that was hilarious

riko's man u top (or is it england away kit?) with M-16 on the back is pretty funny too:

rhythmfactoryjan06-03.jpg

woops

is not like other people
maxwell d - back on the ball like thierry henry

scratchy - we aint equal like beckham and lesaux

continuum

smugpolice
Double S

"Hope you can keep up, I don't wanna lose ya,
coz I'm the Christiano of my team & I can go through ya,
wit no step over just a ManU-va"

tom pr

"balls on my mind like Craig Bellamy / I used to kick ball like Geremi" is this Slix? can't remember off the top of my head
haha! It's Slix, but I used to think he said down the mine like Bellamy, and I wasn't sure if it was a reference to Craig Bellamy being Welsh or David Bellamy looking like, well, the sort of bloke you might see down a mine.

Dirty Danger has one about Shevchenko. Bearman had a tune where he went on about Tevez and Crespo, it was the same one with the classic line: 'some man say I'm unorphodox/something like ankle swingers and white socks'.

The Scratchy line about Le Saux and Beckham's a weird one because I think he's a Chelsea fan. Oh well. Dizzee said that Armour was the best footballer he'd ever seen who didnt go pro or something like that, ages ago.

Dan- chase up Fuda about you-know-what... ;)

tom pr

Oh, and discarda: 'I'LL PUT A NINE TO YR BACK - LIKE ROONEY!'

I think he nicked that off Jookie Mundo or Double O though. or maybe it was the other way round.

The secret song of the Axiom EP talks about getting a Man U strip for Titch's son.

Strange when you think about it, MC's love nothing better than their territorial pissing and yet there's ones supporting teams from outside the bits. How could someone from london live down the shame of supporting a gloryhunting team like Man U

Client Eastwood

from bbk - mic champ

'I beat shots like Gerrard
I roll with a dog and i dont mean Well 'Ard'

'Friends call me Alan, cos i'm a Shearer
Im on the ball like Vierra'

luka

i grew up 20 minutes walk from west hams ground and i never met a black or asian kid from round there or anywhere else for that matter that supported west ham. (despite cass pennant)

benjybars

village elder.
i grew up 20 minutes walk from west hams ground and i never met a black or asian kid from round there or anywhere else for that matter that supported west ham. (despite cass pennant)

yeah that might have been true 10-15 years ago but i think it's changed a fair bit ... i've been going to upton park since 92-93 season and there are a LOT more non-white supporters at the ground today than there were then.. still bare racists tho.. :(

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
I'll leave you with a red shirt like Emile Heskey.

This was definitely a B-Live lyric. Strangely, though, I'm pretty sure it was written after Heskey had moved to Birmingham in 2004.

Riko used to have a Barcelona shirt with "GLOCK" on the back, too.

tom pr

yeah that rhymestein clash is so funny.

that last cold blooded set is amazing btw. there arent many mcs that can carry a whole set on their own, but terminator totally can. i love the bit where he starts whispering shower... shower... and then screams T! like a deranged kid. and the bit where he gets really over defensive over forgetting his words and goes on about putting people on health and safety.

TRU_G

Yes of course.. does Riko talk about United in his bars at all? He was winding up the North London crowd at Heatwave once by dissing Arsenal lol.

On a related-but-not-lyrical tip, of course T's a footballer now right? For QPR? I wonder if the fans know he's an MC too. And then there's Dan Shittu of Watford, who I interviewed last year for a local paper, and it turned out was more 'on music' than football, when he was a youngster:

"I used to play for a local team in Victoria Park, but football just wasn’t something I took seriously back then. I was really more into DJ-ing, growing up with people like Wiley, and being close to Dizzee Rascal, who was like a little cousin to me. I used to do a lot of house parties as a DJ, that was my scene, and all the while I was studying as well."

if grime and football is a new thread could the mods make it one? :)

I was in the dentist the other day and was pleasently surprised to find an article in a 2004 issue of Dazed & Confused magazine about the correlation between Grime and football, was a really interesting article had interviews with bare MC's who were doing alot when it came to football. Turns out Footsie gets his name from his skills and Shorty Smalls from Slew Dem is supposed to be really good

Wish I had stolen that magazine now

luka

14-02-2008 01:27 AM #95
luka
luka is online now Beast of Burden

we should start up a little petition, get them to erect a statue of wiley, a massive one alongside bow flyover, so when you're driving over it you just see wileys massive bronze head staring at you. it can be dressed in a different tracksuit every week.

quoting myself cos someone has actually just done this. good on 'em.