Grime Top Tens

luka

oi blud dont be rude
let me have a go on that rubix cube
i can solve it in 60 seconds
cos my intelligence is squared like a box.

CrowleyHead

Man phoned me about parody bars
But why would I care when I got six cars
all with payment plans, cause I understand
that personal accounting is hard.
But not me, paid attention in school
Wiley told me Jamie don't be a fool
That's why you never see me with racks in my hands
No my funds are stashed on various debit cards
(Serious!)

catalog

yeah poems is one of the songs of his i like. and i actually love 'makes me wanna die' to be honest which detracts from my rhetorical stance but i can't help myself, i really love the soppy song.
luke admitting he loves a tricky song! good shouts from mistersloane in this thread as well, in relation to tricky

catalog

my grime top ten:

1. wiley's "she is a chung gash growing up now" routine - i've got the tune somewhere, i'll post it up when i find it. wiley telling a young girl to slow down take time

2. ruff sqwad - died in your arms. after re-reading that dean blunt quote about billy joel, the whole hypnagogic thing suddenly feels really wrong and weird, like american psycho or something. but this is still a classic tune

3. rhythm and gash rebound x, obviously - greatest instrumental of all time

4. the only possible rival to it is the other greatest instrumental of all time, xtc functions on the low

5. trim, the lowdown, the original one

i love trim, my favourite mc. the greatest put downs ever "face is covered in scabs"

6. jme, dde: serious thugs

i just love how banal / childish it is - i wanna hear you say oooow oooow, then i wanna hear you say serious" - nice one.

7. skepta oh my diddy

8. ruff sqwad xtra

good energy - that frenetic feel.

9. john peel grime show - intro. i just love it, the way cameo speaks "big shout to the john" and then the intro to eastwood "who knows what he's thinking"

10. the unknown one off slackk's golden era grime tape that i was asking about on here ages ago. it's some little known guy, i actually found it then lost it again. lyrics around burning CDs and how no-one wants to burn your tunes cos they're shit.