nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
It's funny to hear Americans still talking about AIDS though, you're much more likely to get herpes or hepatitis than you are AIDS. Not that you can't get it, of course, but there are a lot of other much more common STDs that you should be afraid of.

poetix

we murder to dissect
I'm very puzzled by people's condom-aversion, which seems to me to be at least partly psychological. The pleasures of intercourse for me are not massively concentrated in that one place (or don't tend to last very long if they are). A little strategic dulling of sensation can be a good thing, no?

nomadthethird

I'm very puzzled by people's condom-aversion, which seems to me to be at least partly psychological. The pleasures of intercourse for me are not massively concentrated in that one place (or don't tend to last very long if they are). A little strategic dulling of sensation can be a good thing, no?

If the public school system made any sense, health classes would promote condoms as a way to avoid embarrassing premature ejaculation episodes.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Yeah I know... try telling the average straight couple who really believes in monogamy that, though...

Well if they *both* believe in it, it's not an issue, is it? Monogamy is fine, open relationships are fine, polyamorous swinging anime fursuit parties are fine, as long as one partner isn't hiding something from the other, and as long as you take care of yourself.

I've been Dr. Tea...look after your yourselves, and each other.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

Depends how long you naturally last, and how good your self-control is, doesn't it? Personally I'm not a huge fan as far as the sensation goes, but I wouldn't go as far as to say they "ruin" it either.

nomadthethird

Those hulu commercials with Alec Baldwin are totally pomo.

Well if they *both* believe in it, it's not an issue, is it? Monogamy is fine, open relationships are fine, polyamorous swinging anime fursuit parties are fine, as long as one partner isn't hiding something from the other, and as long as you take care of yourself.

Belief and practice do not always line up...

The sorts of people who believe in monogamy are the sorts who are more likely to hide their infidelity for obvious reasons.

Ever hear about all those "downlow" guys passing AIDS to their wives? I saw a Law & Order about that once, so it must be true. They may as well have called AIDS gay cancer.

swears

preppy-kei
...as long as one partner isn't hiding something from the other, and as long as you take care of yourself.

Yeah, but if your partner is hiding something, you wouldn't know about it. It's a matter of trust.

Meh... guys can't catch that shit anyways, my mate sez, can't go up the little hole, innit.

nomadthethird

Depends how long you naturally last, and how good your self-control is, doesn't it? Personally I'm not a huge fan as far as the sensation goes, but I wouldn't go as far as to say they "ruin" it either.

Some are better than others but then the really good ones are no good at preventing STDs.

I find it hard to believe condoms reduce your herpes risk anyway, because you can pass simplexI and II pretty easily from saliva or other fluids... so what if you accidentally got saliva on your hands (for example) and then took of the condom and oops now you have herpes.

I know someone who is a virgin who got anal herpes from doing ritual washings (for her religion) when she had a cold sore in her mouth. No joke.

nomadthethird

Yeah, but if your partner is hiding something, you wouldn't know about it. It's a matter of trust.

Meh... guys can't catch that shit anyways, my mate sez, can't go up the little hole, innit.

Ha yeah who is your friend Dr. Nick from the Simpsons?

Guys can catch that shit but it's never as bad for them because it's not a great environment for viruses to grow... like with HPV... there's a vaccine now but I've read some bad things about it...

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

Well she may be planning to murder me. As may my parents and my best friend, there's no way I can prove they're not.

Anyway, this discussion assumes one's partner is not only potentially unfaithful but stupid as well - presumable s/he, faithful or not, would rather not get an STD purely in their own interests?

nomadthethird

God-lolz.

I know, it's especially ironic since I know people who are in the "highest risk" group statistically for getting all this shit and none of them have anything, and the one girl I know who took the veil and saves it for marriage and whatever has the herp.

swears

preppy-kei
Secret toast making sessions with pals in the office before everybody else gets in. We're not allowed to, you see, health and safety.