zhao

there are no accidents
accidentally finding in one of my download piles just now, the song this underground record shop was blasting at ungodly volumes, on one of the first ever nights i ever got properly stoned as a 15 year old in Deep Ellum, Dallas Texas -- Laibach - Die Liebe from the EP Panorama, 1989.

god did i just think it was the most insane amazing thing ever. makes sense as it would have come out just about then or a year or 2 before. needless to say the shop is so long gone no one on earth except me have any memory of it.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Nice bouncers, they do exist and I bless them a thousandfold.

In a similar vein, bless non-cuntish bus drivers who wave you on so you can get home at stupid o'clock even though, like the simpleton you are, you've neglected to top up your oyster.

Also bless: being entertained by Jonathon Meades on Friday night and Keith Tenniswood on Saturday night. Sometimes, despite everything, I get the feeling London might actually be the best place in the world.

grizzleb

In a similar vein, bless non-cuntish bus drivers who wave you on so you can get home at stupid o'clock even though, like the simpleton you are, you've neglected to top up your oyster.

Also bless: being entertained by Jonathon Meades on Friday night
Bastard, I didn't know about this. What was it and why didn't I know about it? Buggery. London is doing my tits in at the moment. Haha. It's good for doing stuff but I don't have a clue where to look. Missed a Zizek lecture at my fucking uni a week ago too.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Bastard, I didn't know about this. What was it and why didn't I know about it? Buggery. London is doing my tits in at the moment. Haha. It's good for doing stuff but I don't have a clue where to look. Missed a Zizek lecture at my fucking uni a week ago too.

Sign up to about a million email reminders from everywhere, and pay someone to check through them for the good stuff. Nah, there's no way to keep on top of everything.

Zizek speaks quite regularly at the Uni of London, afaik.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Massive long-overdue bless to the music threads which I frequently read but never/rarely post in, including but not limited to the Great 2-Step, Hip Hop '10, Juke, RnB recommendations and Road Rap threads. :D

Jezmi

Olli Oliver Steichelsmein
Headphones with bass, and garage.
Second that! I just got a new pair of in-ear headphones after losing my old ones. Nothing audiophile but in comparison to cheap ones a definite bless-experience.

Other worthy mention in this thread: becoming a known face on the Saturday morning market. After buying there for months.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I'm a bit OCD with head/earphones always looking for the perfect set. Got about 8 pairs and only 3 pairs of jeans lol. What did you get Bab?

really cheap in-ear Sonys, but about 5x as good as other similarly-priced ones (about £12).

'Goodbye' in Icelandic is apparently 'bless'. How cool.

Client Eastwood

really cheap in-ear Sonys, but about 5x as good as other similarly-priced ones (about £12).

'Goodbye' in Icelandic is apparently 'bless'. How cool.

Amazing how a £10 pair of Sens earbuds can sound better than a £50 pair of Bose ones which I sold. The foam pads gives me excessive ear wax tho'. And the problem with canal ones is that I can hear my feet as I walk and excessive ear wax. So for the commute and work listening it's all about these Sony MDR570LPL which I got from tesco at 19.99.