Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bless

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    Yes, bless those selfless, dedicated tube drivers who take home 35,000 pa for a 35-hour week that involves pressing Go and Stop buttons, and who strike to support colleagues sacked for negligence and fraud or because their pay rises aren't big enough...
    I aint getting on no Tube, fool

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Dust View Post
    I aint getting on no Tube, fool
    Heh.

Don't get me wrong, the Tube is great when it works, it just seems to be in a permanent state of being-fixed (at almost, but not quite, the same rate at which it breaks) and it's just so amazingly expensive compared to every similar system in the world. I suppose it's the oldest and biggest, which can't be helped, and I think this Public-Private-Pissingmoneyaway thing is a really bad idea, but I also think Bob Crowe's frequent use of long-suffering London commuters as pawns in his political games really doesn't help matters.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand: bless...the couple of passers-by who helped me rescue a pigeon that had a plastic bag twisted around its neck the other day. Although it was probably an idolent, irresponsible pigeon that had it coming, but I'm just nice like that sometimes.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

I said London Transport workers because they're all members of this really cool, elite, pagan anarchist group that none of you know about, and one day they're going to lead the revolution, and then you'll be sorry you said anything bad about them.

True.

I did hear these two guys on a train talking about sacrificing goats in Battersea park at Christmas. One of them said it was because virgins were really hard to come by. It wasn't a London Transport train though, and they were clearly satanists.

Quote Originally Posted by noel emits View Post
    I did hear these two guys on a train talking about sacrificing goats in Battersea park at Christmas. One of them said it was because virgins were really hard to come by. It wasn't a London Transport train though, and they were clearly satanists.
    See? Noel knows.

Then they'll regret messing around with a samurai-like secret order of super-hard commuter-warriors who live and die by the the umbrella:
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Ahaha! I bet they were well up for it until you pointed out that their mums would kill them if they got blood on their Marilyn Manson hoodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    Ahaha! I bet they were well up for it until you pointed out that their mums would kill them if they got blood on their Marilyn Manson hoodies.
    It's far too dangerous to wear hoodies when you're dancing around a fire.

It's far too dangerous to wear hoodies when you're dancing around a fire.
    There's no danger if someone's got a pint of snakey-n-black handy to douse the flames with in case of accidental self-ignition.

Mally Lights/Virus TI/Tea/Pads With Long Decay/Benga/Rob Hall/Vector Lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Dust View Post
    Mally Lights/Virus TI/Tea/Pads With Long Decay/Benga/Rob Hall/Vector Lovers

Wordpress / Greensleeves / Clissold Pool User Group / those old biddies on the programme about motorway protestors last night / Penny Reel / Droid / the bloke I emailed about a record on ebay who replied really quick and sent me a great scan of the sleeve / anyone who has worked on shareware I use / people who smile at me in the mornings / Soul Jazz / my local takeaway delivery crew / 6 cans of red stripe for a fiver / people who leave great records in charity shops rather than sticking them on ebay / people who share knowledge about stuff but aren't patronising / Rootsman vs Buju Murphy / Mark Pawson / Rodigan / my postman / my mate dave who is doing a cowboy film set in hackney / woofah printers

rivers you can swim in

pretzels, wfmu, my cat, campari & tonic, theo parrish, bike riding in nyc on sunday's at 6:00 am, acts of random kindness, marfa texas, freshly baked bread.

Martin D has blessed the Virus TI three times now.

I'll second Rob Hall - he on it at the moment.

And bless EnergyXT cos much as I love it it needs a bit of a blessing right now.
    Last edited by noel emits; 24-08-2007 at 04:36 PM.