Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I can't be having with those big ones that go over your ears. It's not an aesthetic thing, they just can't compete with the ones that go right inside your ear and pipe the music, specially the bass, *directly into the centre of your brain*.

STN

sou'wester
McCoy Tyner. I haven't watched it yet, but my colleague told me he was on Later with Jools Holland and would not stop playing when Jools tried to introduce the next act (Elbow). I like to think he was playing extra to make up for all the shit boogie-woogie piano that Holland undoubtedly spewed all over his tunes: a sort of musical 'injury time'.

STN

sou'wester
Elbow aren't really that bad are they? they just aren't really very good either and they have a stupid name.

Holland is a barrel-chested chieftain who should be pitchforked.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Elbow aren't really that bad are they? they just aren't really very good either and they have a stupid name.

Holland is a barrel-chested chieftain who should be pitchforked.

I still probably wouldn't feel that bad about seeing them kicked to death for anti-music crimes.

Yes, truth spoken.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I can't be having with those big ones that go over your ears. It's not an aesthetic thing, they just can't compete with the ones that go right inside your ear and pipe the music, specially the bass, *directly into the centre of your brain*.

Have you tested out the Beats by Dre ones yet? I used to think the in-ear ones were amazing til I heard the Dre ones. The bass is like having jelly moulds made from your aural cavities.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Have you tested out the Beats by Dre ones yet? I used to think the in-ear ones were amazing til I heard the Dre ones. The bass is like having jelly moulds made from your aural cavities.

No, but I'm intrigued now though. I'll see if they've got them on Amazon.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
AAARGH buggrit I'm just going to get the Sony ones I had before, they sound great and feel comfy so that's that.

alex

Do not read this.
Are you using them for just pure listening? In that case I wouldn't know what to reccomend, for DJ use though, definitely go with
until about a week ago I was mastering my tunes on all these aswell, and they have a good lifetime, my friend has had his for 5 years, really hardwearing etc..

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Yeah, just listening on a little MP3 player. I'm always supicious of the ability of a small player to provide enough power to adequately drive the speakers in a pair of big headphones, too - and the player I've got is not the loudest to start with. Plus I like being able to wrap the cord up and stick the whole thing in my pocket.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Hearing a DJ play Blackcoffee last night.

Then it all turned to shit. Can't have everything though. Then where would we be?

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Are you using them for just pure listening? In that case I wouldn't know what to reccomend, for DJ use though, definitely go with
until about a week ago I was mastering my tunes on all these aswell, and they have a good lifetime, my friend has had his for 5 years, really hardwearing etc..

I've never got on with the Senns even though I know they're good. We've got some and I used to use cheap Sonys instead out of choice rather than them. Just don't like the way they sound. And I hate the cord. It drives me up the wall.

The Dre ones are useless for mastering or working - really useless - but great for listening with. You have to put batteries in them so they boost the sound. And they're a total rip off! But they look great! And the cord is short! Hurrah for fashion!

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'

HD-25's have the notorious cable breaking fault whereby one or both of the cables get damaged/broken right above where they enter the ear peace.
Buying genuine replacement cables is expensive, although Juno sells them quite cheaply.

If you were after DJ can's I'd recommend those AIAIAI TM1's... I've used them a few times and been really really really impressed.

muser

getting a sub soon, will finally be able to hear some BASSss below 60Hz again, excited for this I am much :D