Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Thread: Bless

are you sure he wasn't talking about Jools (apologies for extra 's')

Quote Originally Posted by mistersloane View Post
    Have you tested out the Beats by Dre ones yet? I used to think the in-ear ones were amazing til I heard the Dre ones. The bass is like having jelly moulds made from your aural cavities.
    No, but I'm intrigued now though. I'll see if they've got them on Amazon.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    No, but I'm intrigued now though. I'll see if they've got them on Amazon.
    NO, DONT, they are a complete fob off, complete waste of money, buy a pair of sens.

AAARGH buggrit I'm just going to get the Sony ones I had before, they sound great and feel comfy so that's that.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Are you using them for just pure listening? In that case I wouldn't know what to reccomend, for DJ use though, definitely go with http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-H.../dp/B00009ZSYG

until about a week ago I was mastering my tunes on all these aswell, and they have a good lifetime, my friend has had his for 5 years, really hardwearing etc..

Yeah, just listening on a little MP3 player. I'm always supicious of the ability of a small player to provide enough power to adequately drive the speakers in a pair of big headphones, too - and the player I've got is not the loudest to start with. Plus I like being able to wrap the cord up and stick the whole thing in my pocket.

Hearing a DJ play Blackcoffee last night.

Then it all turned to shit. Can't have everything though. Then where would we be?

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Are you using them for just pure listening? In that case I wouldn't know what to reccomend, for DJ use though, definitely go with http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-H.../dp/B00009ZSYG

until about a week ago I was mastering my tunes on all these aswell, and they have a good lifetime, my friend has had his for 5 years, really hardwearing etc..
    I've never got on with the Senns even though I know they're good. We've got some and I used to use cheap Sonys instead out of choice rather than them. Just don't like the way they sound. And I hate the cord. It drives me up the wall.

The Dre ones are useless for mastering or working - really useless - but great for listening with. You have to put batteries in them so they boost the sound. And they're a total rip off! But they look great! And the cord is short! Hurrah for fashion!

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post

HD-25's have the notorious cable breaking fault whereby one or both of the cables get damaged/broken right above where they enter the ear peace.
    Buying genuine replacement cables is expensive, although Juno sells them quite cheaply.

If you were after DJ can's I'd recommend those AIAIAI TM1's... I've used them a few times and been really really really impressed.

getting a sub soon, will finally be able to hear some BASSss below 60Hz again, excited for this I am much

Quote Originally Posted by muser View Post
    getting a sub soon, will finally be able to hear some BASSss below 60Hz again, excited for this I am much
    brilliant, init. i only have computer speakers at the mo, but they come with a 20kg sub that is clearly doing something, even if not all my mp3s are great quality...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Awesome View Post
    HD-25's have the notorious cable breaking fault whereby one or both of the cables get damaged/broken right above where they enter the ear peace.
    Buying genuine replacement cables is expensive, although Juno sells them quite cheaply.

If you were after DJ can's I'd recommend those AIAIAI TM1's... I've used them a few times and been really really really impressed.
    I've had a couple of cable problems with mine, got it sorted on the warranty first time but had to buy one second time.

Bless...riding the coach back to London from Oxford and passing some guy (Bill D himself? Couldn't see very clearly, alas) driving this:

down the M40.

Lol! i once saw a guy driving a replica KITT from Knightrider on the M1, with the flashing red thing at the front and everything. He looked like the most nerdy guy and I felt a lot of empathy with him.

Also I met a friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend ages ago and he drove a replica of the Ghostbusters car. He gave me a lift in it, it was cool.

Dada