Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast
Results 391 to 405 of 429

Thread: Bless

  1. #391
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,510

    Default

    are you sure he wasn't talking about Jools (apologies for extra 's')

  2. #392
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mistersloane View Post
    Have you tested out the Beats by Dre ones yet? I used to think the in-ear ones were amazing til I heard the Dre ones. The bass is like having jelly moulds made from your aural cavities.
    No, but I'm intrigued now though. I'll see if they've got them on Amazon.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

  3. #393
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    No, but I'm intrigued now though. I'll see if they've got them on Amazon.
    NO, DONT, they are a complete fob off, complete waste of money, buy a pair of sens.

  4. #394
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,874

    Default

    AAARGH buggrit I'm just going to get the Sony ones I had before, they sound great and feel comfy so that's that.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

  5. #395
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,615

    Default

    Are you using them for just pure listening? In that case I wouldn't know what to reccomend, for DJ use though, definitely go with http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-H.../dp/B00009ZSYG

    until about a week ago I was mastering my tunes on all these aswell, and they have a good lifetime, my friend has had his for 5 years, really hardwearing etc..

  6. #396
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,874

    Default

    Yeah, just listening on a little MP3 player. I'm always supicious of the ability of a small player to provide enough power to adequately drive the speakers in a pair of big headphones, too - and the player I've got is not the loudest to start with. Plus I like being able to wrap the cord up and stick the whole thing in my pocket.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

  7. #397
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,510

    Default

    Hearing a DJ play Blackcoffee last night.

    Then it all turned to shit. Can't have everything though. Then where would we be?

  8. #398
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    THE YABBA
    Posts
    5,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Are you using them for just pure listening? In that case I wouldn't know what to reccomend, for DJ use though, definitely go with http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-H.../dp/B00009ZSYG

    until about a week ago I was mastering my tunes on all these aswell, and they have a good lifetime, my friend has had his for 5 years, really hardwearing etc..
    I've never got on with the Senns even though I know they're good. We've got some and I used to use cheap Sonys instead out of choice rather than them. Just don't like the way they sound. And I hate the cord. It drives me up the wall.

    The Dre ones are useless for mastering or working - really useless - but great for listening with. You have to put batteries in them so they boost the sound. And they're a total rip off! But they look great! And the cord is short! Hurrah for fashion!

  9. #399
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Toughmanistan
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Are you using them for just pure listening? In that case I wouldn't know what to reccomend, for DJ use though, definitely go with http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-H.../dp/B00009ZSYG

    until about a week ago I was mastering my tunes on all these aswell, and they have a good lifetime, my friend has had his for 5 years, really hardwearing etc..
    HD-25's have the notorious cable breaking fault whereby one or both of the cables get damaged/broken right above where they enter the ear peace.
    Buying genuine replacement cables is expensive, although Juno sells them quite cheaply.

    If you were after DJ can's I'd recommend those AIAIAI TM1's... I've used them a few times and been really really really impressed.

  10. #400
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    790

    Default

    getting a sub soon, will finally be able to hear some BASSss below 60Hz again, excited for this I am much

  11. #401
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muser View Post
    getting a sub soon, will finally be able to hear some BASSss below 60Hz again, excited for this I am much
    brilliant, init. i only have computer speakers at the mo, but they come with a 20kg sub that is clearly doing something, even if not all my mp3s are great quality...

  12. #402
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Awesome View Post
    HD-25's have the notorious cable breaking fault whereby one or both of the cables get damaged/broken right above where they enter the ear peace.
    Buying genuine replacement cables is expensive, although Juno sells them quite cheaply.

    If you were after DJ can's I'd recommend those AIAIAI TM1's... I've used them a few times and been really really really impressed.
    I've had a couple of cable problems with mine, got it sorted on the warranty first time but had to buy one second time.

  13. #403
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,874

    Default

    Bless...riding the coach back to London from Oxford and passing some guy (Bill D himself? Couldn't see very clearly, alas) driving this:



    down the M40.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

  14. #404
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South East London
    Posts
    1,463

    Default

    Lol! i once saw a guy driving a replica KITT from Knightrider on the M1, with the flashing red thing at the front and everything. He looked like the most nerdy guy and I felt a lot of empathy with him.

    Also I met a friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend ages ago and he drove a replica of the Ghostbusters car. He gave me a lift in it, it was cool.

  15. #405
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Dada

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •