nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
Because 'we' are too busy chatting about dubstep and Iran and ancient cultures and obscure films and coffee and beer and fucking black pudding all the fucking time.

Don't forget facebook, twitter, blogs, and arguing about whose Imaginary Friend is the greatest.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
calvin-and-hobbes.jpg

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Aww . . bless this little fella for trying out a walkman.

"I mistook the metal/normal switch on the Walkman for a genre-specific equaliser, but later I discovered that it was in fact used to switch between two different types of cassette"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8117619.stm

Hahaha, my li'l brother had a Walkman with one of these switches, and used to think the same thing. It'd be great if selecting METAL enabled the volume to go up to 11...

crackerjack

thunderstorms so loud that they actually drown out the noise of the builders downstairs who HAVEN'T STOPPED BANGING AND DRILLING ALL FUCKING WEEK

martin

----
<i>Turn on the tele and watch the 'yoof' adverts full of hallucinogenic imagery and post-acid bubbles. Listen to drum'n'bass blasting out as Giggsy sinks the ball in the top corner of the net on 'Match of the Day'.

Wander into a newsagent and see rave and drug imagery flogging tired old magazines and products. Pick up a can of high energy drink, the same old sugary fizzy shite that was selling to kiddies a few years ago, now raved-up, tarted-up and promoted as the perfect complement to a night's hard raving.

Yep - rave sure is getting to be big business in the UK, and the corporates are scrambling to help themselves to a healthy slice of this new marketing opportunity.</i>

Fuck, I really miss those overcast July afternoons in 2000, flicking through the Urban 75 website at work.

4linehaiku

Repetitive
those weird little donut-shaped peaches - juicier and less mess

Yeah these are great, they seem to be big in Berlin right now. By which I mean some are delivered to the office every week, not sure exactly how this popularity scales to the city at large. Apparently they are 'mountain peaches'? Just forwarding hearsay here.

Itchy & Scratchy

When research/digging around pays off. Be it into journal articles and books for a report/project or into discographies, blogs and forums to verify information for MusicBrainz.

crackerjack

Yeah these are great, they seem to be big in Berlin right now. By which I mean some are delivered to the office every week, not sure exactly how this popularity scales to the city at large. Apparently they are 'mountain peaches'? Just forwarding hearsay here.

The greengrocer in the nearby market hasn't a clue what to call them. Frist they were the peach with no name, then flat peaches, now, having surprisingly revealed himself as a dissensus reader, they're donut peaches.