Martin Dust

Techno Zen Master
To offset my Pointless thread, here's my Bless thread :)

The Wire/Dexter/The First Coffee/William S. Burroughs/Virus TI/After Effect 6.5 and DOS 3.1

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
Hahaha.

Edit: I'd just like to point out that I wasn't laughing at the thread notion, just the fact that after 2Hrs the other one had a about 6,000 replies.

Last edited:

jenks

thread death
This reminds me of Simon Reynolds' idea that Reasons To Be Cheerful should be adopted as the National Anthem, with new verses for special occasions.

Fig Trees/The Great Gatsby/ Bread/ A Pinarello Prince/ Robert Wyatt

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Andy my barber / London Transport workers / takeaway curries from Ruichi / happy waggy doggies

Yes, bless those selfless, dedicated tube drivers who take home £35,000 pa for a 35-hour week that involves pressing Go and Stop buttons, and who strike to support colleagues sacked for negligence and fraud or because their pay rises aren't big enough...

sufi

lala
Mr T said:
Originally Posted by mistersloane
Andy my barber / London Transport workers / takeaway curries from Ruichi / happy waggy doggies

Yes, bless those selfless, dedicated tube drivers who take home £35,000 pa for a 35-hour week that involves pressing Go and Stop buttons, and who strike to support colleagues sacked for negligence and fraud or because their pay rises aren't big enough...

aw, reactionaries, bless their little cotton socks:)

swears

preppy-kei
1_DX7.jpg

Martin Dust

Techno Zen Master

I aint getting on no Tube, fool :)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I aint getting on no Tube, fool :)

Heh. :)

Don't get me wrong, the Tube is great when it works, it just seems to be in a permanent state of being-fixed (at almost, but not quite, the same rate at which it breaks) and it's just so amazingly expensive compared to every similar system in the world. I suppose it's the oldest and biggest, which can't be helped, and I think this Public-Private-Pissingmoneyaway thing is a really bad idea, but I also think Bob Crowe's frequent use of long-suffering London commuters as pawns in his political games really doesn't help matters.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand: bless...the couple of passers-by who helped me rescue a pigeon that had a plastic bag twisted around its neck the other day. Although it was probably an idolent, irresponsible pigeon that had it coming, but I'm just nice like that sometimes.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I said London Transport workers because they're all members of this really cool, elite, pagan anarchist group that none of you know about, and one day they're going to lead the revolution, and then you'll be sorry you said anything bad about them.

True.

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
I did hear these two guys on a train talking about sacrificing goats in Battersea park at Christmas. One of them said it was because virgins were really hard to come by. It wasn't a London Transport train though, and they were clearly satanists.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I did hear these two guys on a train talking about sacrificing goats in Battersea park at Christmas. One of them said it was because virgins were really hard to come by. It wasn't a London Transport train though, and they were clearly satanists.

See? Noel knows.