baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
getting a sub soon, will finally be able to hear some BASSss below 60Hz again, excited for this I am much :D

brilliant, init. i only have computer speakers at the mo, but they come with a 20kg sub that is clearly doing something, even if not all my mp3s are great quality...

Webstarr

HD-25's have the notorious cable breaking fault whereby one or both of the cables get damaged/broken right above where they enter the ear peace.
Buying genuine replacement cables is expensive, although Juno sells them quite cheaply.

If you were after DJ can's I'd recommend those AIAIAI TM1's... I've used them a few times and been really really really impressed.

I've had a couple of cable problems with mine, got it sorted on the warranty first time but had to buy one second time.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Bless...riding the coach back to London from Oxford and passing some guy (Bill D himself? Couldn't see very clearly, alas) driving this:

The_Timelords-_Doctorin27_The_Tardi.jpg

down the M40. :)

BareBones

wheezy
Lol! i once saw a guy driving a replica KITT from Knightrider on the M1, with the flashing red thing at the front and everything. He looked like the most nerdy guy and I felt a lot of empathy with him.

Also I met a friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend ages ago and he drove a replica of the Ghostbusters car. He gave me a lift in it, it was cool.

STN

sou'wester
bless people who feel weirdly obliged to answer the phone in a comedy fashion. I find it really sweet, like they're fulfilling a minor duty to make you chuckle.

John Eden always does this, with a faux-posh 'helleeeeeeeew'. Another mate often answers the phone by shouting 'SHUT UP' which is funnier than it looks written down.

sufi

lala
the bless bless man on tube, who i've seen more than a couple of times
he could be the personification of this thread
he's an old chap, gets on the train (exclusively victoria line maybe?) and then cavorts down the carriage doing a sign of the cross and muttered blessing to each & every passenger...
of course this gallivanting is studiously ignored by a fair proportion of grumpy london punters, but it proper broke the tube-ice when he started singing a wee hymn or something this evening ... copious blessings all round
as a result i ended my journey swapping numbers with a total random bloke sitting next to me who works for bentv ... cool
thanks blessbless man :)

sufi

lala
bless people who feel weirdly obliged to answer the phone in a comedy fashion. I find it really sweet, like they're fulfilling a minor duty to make you chuckle.

John Eden always does this, with a faux-posh 'helleeeeeeeew'. Another mate often answers the phone by shouting 'SHUT UP' which is funnier than it looks written down.
heh my aunty famously does this for real, then when she finds out it's only you calling she tones it back down with a 'o it's you hullo'

overheard mobile convo on overground the other day
"hello
who is this?
how did you get my number?
i have to tell you this is most inappropriate
please do not call me again
goodbye"

don't know who or what it could be about ... a bit intriguing

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...

this made me think of my mate who sometimes answers his phone with "Hello, the Savoy Grill" in a haughty, officious kind of way. he seems to think it's the funniest thing in the world, always struck me bizarre.... anyway, blesss

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Sitting in a cafe on your own during a lunchbreak. Taking your time, watching the world go by, appreciating the coffee.

I had a friend who theorized that breaks from work for eating, shitting, drinking and smoking are satisfying because they represent the purely carnal and biological reclaiming your being from the Capitalist Machine.

Also it's a cracking little independent place with good French food and nice coffee and you can pretend you're living in Paris. Having proper hot food in a cafe on your own is an added bit of self-indulgence.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
heh my aunty famously does this for real, then when she finds out it's only you calling she tones it back down with a 'o it's you hullo'

overheard mobile convo on overground the other day
"hello
who is this?
how did you get my number?
i have to tell you this is most inappropriate
please do not call me again
goodbye"

don't know who or what it could be about ... a bit intriguing

other end of the phone:

"hello, daaave?
is that daave?"

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
other end of the phone:

"hello, daaave?
is that daave?"

Ha, brilliant. I saw a doc about that show with the guys on it explaining where some of the characters came from. Steve Pemberton lived with at least one of the other guys when he was a student and they had this crazy Greek landlord called Mr Papalazarou (q.v.) who'd ring them and always say "Ello Steve!", because Pemberton was the only one he spoke to. If Pemberton wasn't there, the guy who'd answered the phone would say "Sorry, this is [x], Steve isn't in", and the Mr P would sound disappointed - "Oh..." - then suddenly rally: "Is Steve there?".

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Yes! Romanian though, I think (may be wrong)? Only being pedantic cos I was chatting about holidaying in Romania last night with a friend....very singular country

Edit: Nope, you're right, it's Greek - I could swear it was Romanian. Maybe I just wanted to talk about Romania.

Last edited:

viktorvaughn

the bless bless man on tube, who i've seen more than a couple of times
he could be the personification of this thread
he's an old chap, gets on the train (exclusively victoria line maybe?) and then cavorts down the carriage doing a sign of the cross and muttered blessing to each & every passenger...
of course this gallivanting is studiously ignored by a fair proportion of grumpy london punters, but it proper broke the tube-ice when he started singing a wee hymn or something this evening ... copious blessings all round
as a result i ended my journey swapping numbers with a total random bloke sitting next to me who works for bentv ... cool
thanks blessbless man :)

Think i've seen this guy, maybe a different eccentric, came around the tube when i was with my sister and said

'Brother look after your sister
Sister look after your brother
Blessings'

or something similar and walked on...cool guy

alex

Do not read this.
The bless yardie construction workers who flagged me down yesterday when i was cycling past home @ lunch to give me my bank card that i had dropped in front of them when i rode past in the morning. On the way back I gave him a spliff for his troubles. Faith in humanity semi restored.