Are you hard?

henry s

Street Fighting Man
I walked into the laundromat a few years back, to transfer my clothes into the dryer...the washer lid was open, and some homeless guy was rifling through my stuff, trying on one of my shirts...I blinked, nervously (but calmly) approached the guy and said (in kind of a low voice), "uh, um, I'll take it from here"...

and let me tell you, there was no mistaking who was taking it, and from where...so yeah, you could say I'm a pretty hard guy...to be messed with at your own peril...

gek-opel

entered apprentice
I do have a work colleague who is pretty hard. It makes me glad to not be, as the temptation to get involved in brawls would be too tempting given the right conditions if not for puny-ness I reckon.

turtles

in the sea
sorry to be juvenile but as a non-brit my first reading of the thread title was pretty damn funny: "errr, no not right now actually...i'm at school, it really wouldn't be appropriate"

but in answer to the actual question: no, except when playing sports, where I thoroughly enjoy hitting people in whatever capacity the sport allows (more or less ;) )

STN

sou'wester
I'd be surprised if there was anyone on this forum who couldn't beat me up if they wanted to.

mms

sometimes
i'm quite gentle as a person but i'm a bit moody and i look a bit mean when i don't smile which makes people think i'm a bit angry.
which really gets me mad!!!:)

barry_abs

lil' beyutch
not hard as such, though not afraid.. have given less beatings than received.. have some funny stories of sadism though! mainly from school.. at junior school (around the age of 10) i was playing footy as you do and this lad kept going round me, taunting me every time - laughing and slapping me round the chops.. he'd only recently returned to school after having a couple of weeks off - his mother had died of cancer.. i was in a bad mood - crag edwards had cornered me earlier on, threatening to kick my teeth in.. anyway, the fourth or fifth this time this kid had slapped me i snapped:

"fuck off stoney, i'm glad your mother died!"

he crumbled into tears.. my triumph was short-lived, replaced by nerves - he was stumbling straight towards the playground duty teacher..i was carted straight off for the slipper (basically, the headmaster twats you with a shoe)..

i was "slippered" six times in total, before high school.. the only other crimes i can remember are pushing a kid into a wasp's nest and putting a worm in the drinking fountain for next girl to consume..

bruno

est malade
i saw my mum opposite to me in a subway station once but i didn't signal, i just sat there looking at her walk away.

petergunn

plywood violin
aa89024128a0c34484c88010._AA240_.L.jpg

martin

----
i'm quite gentle as a person but i'm a bit moody and i look a bit mean when i don't smile which makes people think i'm a bit angry.

Yeah, I hate it when people say "Cheer up!" It's like that line from Mystery Train, "It's just the way my face settles". Mind you, a fractured cheekbone doesn't help.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
If I was 100 pounds heavier, I might be.

The problem is my mouth completely outruns my weight index.

UFO over easy

online mahjong
I'm not even a tiny bit hard (haha). Not even 1%.

I'm similar, although people don't think I'm angry, they just tend to think I'm utterly miserable I think. I've actually been quite surprised by it when I've unexpectedly seen my reflection in a window or something. When I'm talking to people it all changes I think but my natural expression is one of complete dejectedness.

It's a little worrying, you know when people talk about your natural expression reflecting your true personality or whatever. There's that saying that when you're older you get the face you deserve or something. :eek:

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
No, I'm not hard, but I don't get any hassle. I can be pretty direct when I need to be but it's definitely a tool best left in reserve.

I tend to look very cheerful and friendly rather than moody cos, you know, I am. :)

spooky girlfriend

Wild Horses
i'm generally completely spineless, there are times when i would twat anything with a nose but i tend to be alone on these occasions. although when i started a new school at the age of 16 i barely had any friends until i stood up for myself, violently. that was the only way to gain people's respect it seems... i was not at all surprised to learn in my my first fight that a fist meeting a face does not sound like it does in Westerns, it just fucking hurts. so no, i'm a pansy