Castro

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Really? Is his younger brother still in charge?

And on a related note, when is Ariel Sharon going to croak? He's been hanging on for aaages, the beligerent old sod.

Gavin

booty bass intellectual
And on a related note, when is Ariel Sharon going to croak? He's been hanging on for aaages, the beligerent old sod.

Yeah, I put him on my death list for this year as my #1, and I could use the points. The only person I've guessed correctly for this year is Baudrillard.

Freakaholic

not just an addiction
Yeah, I put him on my death list for this year as my #1, and I could use the points. The only person I've guessed correctly for this year is Baudrillard.

ok, i found the site with that game on it years ago, but havent been able to locate it since. can you let me know where you create this list?

don_quixote

Trent End
i think it's just run independently by groups of people. i've had the same list for two years and no-one has died off it yet...

Gavin

booty bass intellectual
Yeah, I am just doing it with a friend who is really into it, I'm not signed up. I'll post my list though:

1. Jack Kevorkian (gets paroled in 2007)
2. Robert McNamara (old!)
3. Gil Scott-Heron (has HIV)
4. Ariel Sharon (most of the way there already)
5. Jean Baudrillard (token cultural theorist)
6. George Clinton (smokes crack past age 60)
7. Jimmy Carter (looks like Skeletor)
8. Steve-O (possible heart condition, also stupid)
9. Reginal VelJohnson (overweight middle-aged black man)
10. Big Daddy Kane (token old-school rapper)

I was informed it's a good rule of thumb to never bet on Castro or Keith Richards.

don_quixote

Trent End
haha i wasnt so scientific with mine (and the rules we had had 15 names) so...

muhammed ali
mike tyson
delia smith
phil spector
david bowie
edwyn collins
boris yeltsin
madeleine albright
kim jong-il
kareem abdul-jabbar
paul mccartney
michael heseltine
richard attenborough
tom finney
pelé

feeling bad about including richard attenborough and edwyn collins.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
well there was a mass-murderer on the loose in ipswich and for all i know he might be an ipswich fan...

Ah yes, the Suffolkator. I expect she's fairly unlikely to be mistaken for a prostitute, however (unless she secretly likes to dress in a black miniskirt and fuck-me boots when the cameras aren't on her).

I heard a somewhat mean but funny story about her - apparently a few years ago she was having some work done on her lovely converted Suffolk farmhouse but was too much of a petty-minded old snob to let builders (builders!) use her toilet, so they had to bring in a portaloo and put it in her garden. Her beloved cat mysteriously went missing for the entire duration of the work, but turned up again in two-dimensional form when the portaloo was lifted away to reveal the poor moggy's mortal remains.

Cuban Story [53min doc from 1959]

Extraordinary, never-before seen footage of the Cuban Revolution, from a 1959 documentary (ironically introduced and funded by Hollywood boys-own swashbuckler Errol Flynn - who owned a few businesses in pre-revolutionary Cuba, including a cinema - just before he died that same year, but that's another story) ...

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
That's really interesting. Of course it comes across as a propaganda film. I wonder where the footage of the soldiers in the mountains came from or if it came from the same place as the images of the Batista regime's last days.