die princess die !?!

zhao

there are no accidents
i changed the subject to "princess die" in the thread and the heading won't change in the forum. :mad:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
i've been carrying a little cup around all day, so that if i cry whilst thinking about the queen of hearts, i can collect my tears and objectively measure my grief against those who'll be interviewed outside kensington palace on the six o'clock news

I do this too, but with spunk instead of tears.

STN

sou'wester
I really fucking hate Nicholas Witchell. I really detest the way he acts as though he's giving us a big window into this amazing world by telling us dull things about stupid table manners when really no one gives a hen's bollock. The way he leans forward and says 'well...' before telling us all that the queen thinks it's rude to spread jam with a knife as opposed to a snotty trowel or something. The man's a blasted oaf.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
it's more his fawning imbicility that gets me. but then, it is like shooting fish in a barrel.

mms

sometimes
i moved to london the day she died, i complained to the bbc about the ludicrous non stop mourning at the time - ie playing shit heart fm music on the radio and getting twats in to say how wonderful she was for days on end at the expense of anything worthwhile.

she was about to tell everyone prince andrew was gay and hiv or something thats why she was brutally murdered.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I get it, it's the tenth anniversary isn't it? I couldn't work out why this thread had appeared.
In fairness to Di or as a slightl antidote to all the cynicism it is one of the few moments in history when I can remember where I was when I found out.

tom pr

I remember being with my dad in the morning when we found out (Soccer AM was on and they kept announcing it) and me not really caring because I wanted to see the midweek goals from Spain or whatever and him being a bit surprised by it. Anyway, my nan comes round a few minutes later, and she asks why the royal family are on every channel and my dad explains to her that Diana's snuffed it, and her being an old girl, she reacts with total horror: 'no... that's horrible. that's awful. wow...'

She then turned to me five minutes later and confessed that her hearing aid had been playing up and she hadn't heard a word my dad had said but she'd gauged something bad had happened by his face. I told her, and she seemed quite relieved! I wonder if she thought the cat had died or something...

Anyway, that's a lot of text for a not particularly exciting anecdote, sorry. Matt b's post earlier was much better.

zhao

there are no accidents
thanks sufi!

In fairness to Di or as a slightl antidote to all the cynicism it is one of the few moments in history when I can remember where I was when I found out.

i remember where i was when cobain died / was murdered

E

Electric Angel

Her death was most likely an accident, like so many road accidents that happen every day.

zhao

there are no accidents
Her death was most likely an accident, like so many road accidents that happen every day.

except she wrote to some guy who confirms that she was afriad of being killed in a fake car accident one year prior. and the fact that she was probably going to marry a muslim; and has been a thorn in the side of the family for years (for being a crazy liberal and doing crazy liberal things)

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I was in France the day it happened - nowhere near the tunnel ;) - but the day before we'd visited a church that was originally a Diana ( goddess ) worship place, and there was a dead dove on the steps of the church, and we commented at the time on how much of a mafia hit symbol it looked.

Then she got hit and I went back and we set fire to bits of the memorial pictures at the shrine that appeared in Brighton. It was obviously murder, but, y'know, I would think that.