The Rugby World Cup

luka

so much better than yesterday. this is proper rugby. mental helter sketer. yesterday was just pure stressful this is rugby how it used to be when it was good

luka

theyre fascinating creatures to look at the south africans. they dont belong to the modern age at all.
theyre from an earlier era.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
If Plan A fails go back to Plan A - scrum, maul, monsters in the pack, just add scrum penalties in their own 22 which they then won to further drain the French forwards

Most openly intense test international for years, Kolbe’s conversion charge down, thought the Bok pack edged it, their pick n go penalty even created a score and no daft ref-mare red cards

The Ireland game was tense whereas here you could just watch the skills on show, well worth a rewatch

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
France have incredible backs but maybe only their hooker and Olivon would get in a Bok pack, add Aldritt too possibly

Bakkies Botha, Matfield, B du Plessis aren’t so long ago, players like du Toit and Vermeulen played with all those old war horses

mixed_biscuits

Any rule the government brings in to control peoples's behaviour in an attempt to counter a fatal disease is automatically and axiomatically disgraceful government overreach and a clear example of brutal totalitarianism... but fifteen men doing a little dance before a game of rugby is morally wrong and must be stamped out with extreme prejudice.

How come people in Britain get the right to be free from control as long as they don't impinge on anyone else, but you don't extend this right to brown people from the other side of the world - is it because you don't see them as human?
Haikus, not hakas, Mr Reading Comprehension

mixed_biscuits

You struggle to line your toes up with the openings to your socks

mixed_biscuits

craner

Beast of Burden
so much better than yesterday. this is proper rugby. mental helter sketer. yesterday was just pure stressful this is rugby how it used to be when it was good

The whole game was about 100mph faster than all the others. I absolutely loved it.

craner

Beast of Burden
One of the things about the Wales team, and I would argue that this is a handicap in the game of rugby, is that they can't catch balls.

I'm all for sadistic fitness training sessions in Polish camps, but they could also do with some time standing in a circle playing catch.

jenks

thread death
The whole game was about 100mph faster than all the others. I absolutely loved it.
And the French under the high ball. Twice they got done in the first half.

That South African scrum was monstrous though

And, yes, the Kiwis and SA were relentless but they get away with murder at the breakdown - some very generous refereeing there i felt.