scottdisco

rip this joint please
Don_Q, this is all very impressive, i have been loving your qualification updates and what not, do you have spreadsheets or something?!
:)

interesting developments today!

i thought roy keane had been quiet up until now...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/nov/20/roy-keane-ireland-thierry-henry

an eminently fair point re the Georgians getting done over - as it goes - but you have to love the pity party that Keano continues to attend, he just can't let a grudge go, can he?

Roy Keane said:
I'd waited long enough. I fucking hit him hard. The ball was there (I think). Take that you cunt. And don't ever stand over me sneering about fake injuries.

D

droid

it's on a 4 year cycle so i wouldnt say it was decades long.

Well I never said it was, though I did think it was 8 years.

Saw the rankings earlier. Not too bad for us.

A few of Keane's points are valid, but his tone is pathetic. Henry has asked for a replay now that its pretty much impossible (not that it was ever really likely).

jenks

thread death
Spurs 9 - Wigan 1

Utter madness at the lane. Defoe with 5.

I am sure MOTD will concentrate on dodgy defending, they always do when a side scores a hatful.

Apparently Lennon played a blinder again.

This result doesn't make up for the balls up against Arsenal but it's made my day - especially after watching my son's side play in a downpour only for our ref to finally abandon twenty minutes after all other teams in the park! I think i might have lost some sensation in my fingers!

don_quixote

Trent End
shame they didn't become the first premiership side to hit double figures. got no time for wigan. dave whelan would be no great loss if they went down.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Rubin Kazan - have they blown it by failing to beat Kiev at home...? Hope not...if Inter lose out, Jose's probably out of a job, and he can return to the Premier League, where his infuriating charisma and off-the-shelf Matalan purchases have been missed.

But, Rubin have to beat Inter away now, if I understand the equal points/ head-to-head rules correctly.

Marseille - Real promises to be a cracker - winner takes all.

Unirea could go through in Group G if they take a poitn off Stuttgart - first Romanian team to do anything in Europe since Steaua, I'd wager...

The rest....yawn.... except if Wolfsburg do one on United - that could be good. Actually, there's more excitement on macthday 6 than usual, tbh.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
you weren't wrong

hey, imagine if united go out. what would itv show on a wednesday night then?

given the trend for ever-sicker reality TV they'd probably do a PPV to see live coverage of Clive Tyldesley (or Paddy Crerand, at a pinch) topping himself.

he could jump off a tall building in central Manchester, Sunlight House would be quite appropriate, it's already supposed to be haunted.

Lewis

Wild Horses
United are already through, so unfortunately any fantasies of Red Clive imploding live on-air will have to wait.

Bordeaux are charging through the group stages. Laurent Blanc looks like he might make a big splash as a manager

scottdisco

rip this joint please
Bordeaux are charging through the group stages. Laurent Blanc looks like he might make a big splash as a manager

yup.

also well looking forward to the last day permutations for Groups A, C and F, and curious to see who winds up second behind Utd.

P.S.
an Evertonian mate of mine had a great day yday, fitba-wise.
not only those two pieces of blue-nose news&events, but he was born and raised in north Norfolk (he's a people's clubber for family reasons) and his local NL team - the Linnets - got wound up yday... :eek:

don_quixote

Trent End
all bets off on the premiership. what a demolition.

i know i have said it before, i will say it again, in any world xi drogba should be the first name on the team sheet. unless he gets injured i honestly believe he'll get 35+ goals this season, 25+ of them in the premiership.

as for arsenal, they've got wonderful players, but still not enough experience. they'll probably do the same as they've done the previous x seasons - deep into the champions league, deep into the fa cup, deepish into the league, only to be stopped by man utd or chelsea. i honestly think they could beat real madrid or barca, but the big english clubs have their card.