don_quixote

Trent End
they don't no. i don't think it'll be a *huge* problem for chelsea, but i hadn't considered that. but they are playing, in that time:

hull (a)
sunderland (h)
birmingham (h)
burnley (a)

plus an expected fa cup 4th round tie.

they should win all those games with the african players. without them they might struggle away to burnley.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
as for arsenal, they've got wonderful players, but still not enough experience. they'll probably do the same as they've done the previous x seasons - deep into the champions league, deep into the fa cup, deepish into the league, only to be stopped by man utd or chelsea. i honestly think they could beat real madrid or barca, but the big english clubs have their card.

Yeah, it's a pity that it's looking like a repeating pattern - haven't seen yesterday's game yet, but what people are saying about it reminds me of the CL semi vs United last season. Arsenal just had no answer. They need more physicality to combat the way Chelsea and United will always go for their weaknesses.

Agreed - Arsenal would probably beat any team that didn't use that tactic against them. Same old story really...

I kind of hate Chelsea, but I can't help but admire the core of that team. Awesome. If they don't win the CL this year, they might never win it.

mixed_biscuits

Why doesn't Ferguson play Tosic more often? Every time he's come on he's looked class. He's even got the number 14 shirt, so he must have been expected to start a fair few times once signed.

don_quixote

Trent End
5 questions for fifa to answer in the remainder of this week.

1. if there are to be no playoffs in world cup qualification, what do you propose for europe and oceania, or situations like those involving egypt and algeria?
2. is the current seeding formula going to be retained for world cup 2014, using seedings based on fifa world rankings in october 2013?
3. if play-offs are retained in europe, will they be seeded in 2013, and if so, will they be based on fifa world rankings in october 2013?
4. will this be stipulated in 2014 fifa world cup regulations so that any irregularities cannot lead to accusations?
5. should it be made clearer to nations that seeding in international events will now be based on a seeding formula which is reliant upon international friendlies?

see also: http://www.football-rankings.info/2009/12/2010-world-cup-seeding-numbers-behind.html

these questions are basically ripped from that website

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
I think Paulo Ferreira scored his first goal for Chelsea last night. He's my favourite Chelsea player. Us Paulos have to stick together

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Man City's first domestic semi-final since 1981? No offence to any City fans (I generally like them as a club), but that's even more rubbish than I thought...

mixed_biscuits

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

D

droid

what a joke. i can't believe blatter is even entertaining the idea.

I dont think it was a good idea, but the FAI made a private request as a matter of formality/protest. It was never supposed to be made public, and that smirking twat Blatter has since apologised for being such a massive cunt about it.

If England had been knocked out the WC in a rigged playoff by a blatant act of cheating there'd probably be war at this stage.