baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I think a couple of those Wigan players will have just played themselves into big money contracts today, esp McManaman. God knows how Wigan are in such relegation trouble, cos they have a few truly class acts in their side.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
They need to get rid of Mancini, because he sucks. I bet Martinez could do a better job at that club

Also how good is Frank Lampard. Quite possibly our greatest ever player and it looks like he's going to be let go in the summer

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
They need to get rid of Mancini, because he sucks. I bet Martinez could do a better job at that club

Also how good is Frank Lampard. Quite possibly our greatest ever player and it looks like he's going to be let go in the summer

Also does the superb job of keeping anyone from considering John Terry as the best Chelsea player (before his recent slide into obscurity, of course)

crackerjack

Hard to think of a worse week in Brighton's recent history.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22563280

Actually that BBC report doesn't tell anything like the full story. This is better.

Seems Gus thought he could face down one of the world's best poker players, a man who's singlehandedly financed the stadium we'd been waiting 15 years for. No surprise sentiment running massively in Tony Bloom's favour.

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Beckham's retirement seems perfectly timed to take some of the attention away from Fergie (he's one of the only players whose retirement could manage to do that, after all) - guess that boot still rankles.

Poor Wigan.

Webstarr

Hard to think of a worse week in Brighton's recent history.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22563280

Actually that BBC report doesn't tell anything like the full story. This is better.

Seems Gus thought he could face down one of the world's best poker players, a man who's singlehandedly financed the stadium we'd been waiting 15 years for. No surprise sentiment running massively in Tony Bloom's favour.

It's nothing compared to most of the shit they've had over the past 20 years, not sure why Poyet has decided he's too good for them. They've got a really good side and are only a couple of signings off being able to challenge for automatic. Looked very good both times i've been to the AMEX and when they've come to the KC the last couple of seasons

crackerjack

It's nothing compared to most of the shit they've had over the past 20 years, not sure why Poyet has decided he's too good for them. They've got a really good side and are only a couple of signings off being able to challenge for automatic. Looked very good both times i've been to the AMEX and when they've come to the KC the last couple of seasons

Oh dear.

You're right, though. The wage budget isn't great – reports in Telegraph this week said 4th lowest in Championship, though 10th is the more commonly touted figure – and we will lose our best player Bridcutt to Prem club this summer and one or two of the better loanees, starting with Bridge. There's also the question of what happens to the Spanish/S American contingent without Poyet.

But the main thing is we have an incredible stadium, good chairman and the highest attendances outside the PL. Now we just need a good manager to pick up the pieces. This makes interesting reading (for me at least). Ferguson was 6/4 after the news broke. Can't quite believe that Curbishley, even as an ex-BHA player, still features in these lists - when was his last job? Ole Gunnar appeals, but it all seems to be going tits up for him in Norway.

So the fat Spanish waiter it is, then.

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
1 -
Hard to know who'll be more deflated out of Tottenham supporters and Alex Ferguson. Conceding three in the last ten minutes of your 27-year reign is not the way you'd want to leave things. Maybe he'll be back after all. At least Spurs expected it

Last edited:

crackerjack

I think Bayern were lucky last night. Ribery should have been sent off for his elbowage

Ribery should be sent off in every game just for that face. And Dante last night for a double booking.

Hard to argue Bayern weren't the better team from about 30 mins onwards though.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I thought Dortmund were a little disappointing on Saturday, though maybe it's only because Bayern are really that good. I dislike Robben (and Ribery, and Dante, and....) but I have to admit it was a fantastically taken goal. What odds that they can be challenging in Europe next season - seems depressingly unlikely, given the vultures circling.

Falcao going to Monaco seems to be one of the stranger transfers of modern times. I'm sure Monaco's ban from Ligue 1 will soon be rescinded, but if you're one of the best strikers in the world in the prime of your career, why wouldn't you go to the Bundesliga or the Prem?

allegiant

Evenly Distributed
Falcao going to Monaco seems to be one of the stranger transfers of modern times. I'm sure Monaco's ban from Ligue 1 will soon be rescinded, but if you're one of the best strikers in the world in the prime of your career, why wouldn't you go to the Bundesliga or the Prem?

Third-party ownership.

The investment groups that own Falcao's registration rights and that've been subsidising his career for the last few years are finally in a position to cash in on him. Seems Monaco are prepared to offer these people a deal that provides them with the greatest return, so off to Monaco he goes.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
thanks for clearing that up - the article I read made no mention of it, so I was perplexed. So it's another Tevez/Aguero -type situation. I can't see how it can even be legal, seems ripe for the equivalent of the Bosman ruling. Even Platini says it's "not human", which must mean it's really bad.

crackerjack

thanks for clearing that up - the article I read made no mention of it, so I was perplexed. So it's another Tevez/Aguero -type situation. I can't see how it can even be legal, seems ripe for the equivalent of the Bosman ruling. Even Platini says it's "not human", which must mean it's really bad.

I thought the whole reason W Ham paid that fine (& should really have had pts deduction) was cos these arrangements are illegal. But I guess not.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
"The club was found guilty of acting improperly and withholding vital documentation over the duo's (Tevez and Mascherano) ownership."
Apparently not illegal, and not even definitely contrary to Premier League rules at the time (cos they didn't have a policy about it, I don't think. Yep, seems they only drafted one in 2008, outlawing it in the PL ).

Ramires seems to be 'owned' by Joorabchian and Zahivi, too?

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
Brazilian protests breaking down stereotypes

y946NGw.gif

benjybars

village elder.
anyone just watch that documentary about muslims in the premier league??

big lols when the Omani fans found out Al-Habsi was on the bench for the FA Cup final!!