IdleRich

IdleRich
Of course it can happen that things change (obviously we missed the first twenty acts)... but slowly slowly in my experience. Unless they get bought by some random billionaire obviously. Don't see that happening with Arsenal though - they are not glamorous enough to confer instant respect and not lowly enough that a new owner could claim sole credit for anything that did happen.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I really want to see Troopz from Arsenal Fan TV become manager. He would sack all of the players by Monday. And organise the Emirates exorcism. A proper filmic ending.

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
Troopz is the biggest star Arsenal have developed in the last what... ten years? I mean in a way that's not true, Sanchez was fantastic for them, Aubameyang is turning in world class performances for them even now... and yet what does it add up to?

version

Supposedly Messi's just become the first player in the history of Spanish football to win 500 club matches.

entertainment

Last few barca games subdued my optimism about Setien a good bit

The whole team seem fixed in this sulky attitude. Heads down, no spirit. Everyone looks like they'd rather just get the win quickly and go home.

You need that cheerful alacrity and playfulness in order for this tiki taka thing to work. Well you need it in any team, but here it's essential.

Hate to say it, but Messi isn't exactly helping there. Really don't think he should be captain.

IdleRich

IdleRich
“There have been loads of fans waiting for Bruno Fernandes to come, and the player himself has been a very good influence since he’s come."
Which - as the signing was announced on Thursday evening - I'm assuming was yesterday.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Problem is football doesn't end like a film... it just goes on and on with Arsenal drifting at their lowest ebb.

not their lowest, latter Bertie Mee and terry neil era was far worse. But the Kroenkes and Sanllehi are determined to excel that.

catalog

Totty last night. Did you all see match of the day where they showed Jose doing a quick 0-60 as he tried to get sterling sent off. Great game.

IdleRich

IdleRich
List has gone out for game this evening....

1 - Dias
2 - Cabrita
3 - Gustavo
4 - Duarte
5 - Matias
6 - Filipe
7 - Canoilas
8 - Pedro
9 - Rios
10 - Henriques
11 - Boni
12 - Naper
13 - Richard (non-EU citizen)
14 - Xico
15 - Sebastião

version

I wish they'd let him do this.

KH Rummenigge: "After securing the league title, Pep Guardiola seriously came up with the idea of starting Manuel Neuer in midfield for a game. Only after a big effort, I could stop Pep from doing it, because it might have been interpreted as arrogance"

IdleRich

IdleRich
Ha yes. Fits with a conversation I just had on fb

Friend: I don’t know why Agüero isn’t taking the pens, he hasn’t missed since 2016.
Me: That's Pep - if it aint broke do fix it

IdleRich

IdleRich
Obviously I was joking there but

His outburst is all the more significant because Messi has a clause in his contract which enables him to unilaterally walk away for free at the end of the season
If this did occur I imagine the reaction would would make Neapolitan Maradona fans chaining themselves to the railings look proportionate and reasonable...

version

They're spicing it up a bit there by throwing in the stuff about the clause in his contract. Obviously it's a risk, but he hasn't threatened to walk away yet.