Page 242 of 292 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 4373

Thread: Roiling football blather

I do hope 'Arry sees it through with Spurs this season and, if he must take over, does so after Euro 2012. Spurs have been a revelation this year and I think they'd fall apart if Redknapp and his saggy face depart. I care more about the Premiership being entertaining than whether England do well - club football is far more entertaining than international, if you ask me. (Not a popular view, I know.)

Can't Stuart Pearce do it on a caretaker basis for a bit? If we do well, great, if not he can blame it on Rooney being suspended and Terry being a massive racist (and a cunt) and go back to the under-21s.

Ye should head over to Poland with no manager. Can't be any worse and cuts down on death threats

Quote Originally Posted by Ulala View Post
    I do hope 'Arry sees it through with Spurs this season and, if he must take over, does so after Euro 2012.
    Presumably 'Arry – and there's no question it will be 'Arry – will be able to combine both jobs until the end of the season, at which point he becomes England manager full time. What's England's schedule till then? A friendly or two?

Between a fascist and a tax dodger...oh right, he's been cleared. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedo View Post
    I feel Capello walking could be a good thing overall, he didnt really seem to have a good idea what he was trying to do with the team. I'm hoping whoever gets the job gets rid of all the old lot who continually bottle it and gets the younger/more talented lot in.
    'Arry will make Lampard captain, just you watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by juanroberto View Post
    how many threads have you had shut down?

The worst outcome for football - Tottenham potentially go back to being also-rans when they lose some of their best players without Harry to keep everyone together, leaving us with a Manchester duopoly FOR EVER, and patriotic fervour goes into overdrive with AN ENGLISH MANAGER.

I can hardly wait.

The only thing that could save this debacle will be if one of the players comes out with a tweet saying "Capello quit - thank fuck. Guy couldnt even speak English, u no wot i mean?"
    Last edited by baboon2004; 09-02-2012 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by baboon2004 View Post

The only thing that could save this debacle will be if one of the players comes out with a tweet saying "Capello quit - thank fuck. Guy couldnt even speak English, u no wot i mean?"
    "Got to be English to replace him. Harry Redknapp for me." Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by baboon2004 View Post
    The worst outcome for football - Tottenham potentially go back to being also-rans when they lose some of their best players without Harry to keep everyone together, leaving us with a Manchester duopoly FOR EVER, and patriotic fervour goes into overdrive with AN ENGLISH MANAGER.
    More than that, a COCKNEY ENGLISH MANAGER, which is a whole different elevated level of Englishness in the minds of our media (see El Tel).

Surely we all agree the manager should be English? It's cheating otherwise. It shouldn't even be a discussion...

Quote Originally Posted by hucks View Post
    Surely we all agree the manager should be English? It's cheating otherwise. It shouldn't even be a discussion...
    I do, though as a rule it's unenforceable unless you insist the entire off-field crew are nationals as well.

It does seem a bit mad that the manager can be from a different country. If we're going to persist with the nation vs nation contest (and undoubtedly the allure has worn off as footballing globalisation has become unstoppable), then we should do it properly at least.

@routes yeah, but I wish Rooney had added something about he could never understand Capello.

England could appoint God as manager and they still wouldn't win anything. If Redknapp became manager I predict that he'd end up like Hoddle and McClaren. Big Guus is currently unemployed by the way

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    I do, though as a rule it's unenforceable unless you insist the entire off-field crew are nationals as well.
    Fortunately I do insist that. Glenn Hoddle taking John Gorman on board was the start of this particular slippery slope.

Quote Originally Posted by juanroberto View Post
    how many threads have you had shut down?

"They aint got no commitment, all they want is the money"

from the home of premiership football

is he drunk? that's brilliant.

I reckon if Redknapp gets the job, he should change his name to Harrizio and start playing 4:2:1:3 while smoking Gitanes and counting his money in the dugout. And wearing a foreign coat.
    Last edited by baboon2004; 09-02-2012 at 03:14 PM.