scottdisco

rip this joint please
yeah Hucks i'm really sorry mate, i was very cheered when i saw you do the business at the Loft (QPR aren't a bad side after all), but the Blackpool result, as you say, just right down there now.

hucks

Your Message Here
yeah Hucks i'm really sorry mate, i was very cheered when i saw you do the business at the Loft (QPR aren't a bad side after all), but the Blackpool result, as you say, just right down there now.

Ta Scott (comes in for manhug)

IdleRich

IdleRich
Fuck me what happened to Madrid? That first goal was like a Sunday league team defending a hopeful up and under from an overweight midfielder. Why oh why didn't they bring Saviola on when they went behind?

crackerjack

Fuck me what happened to Madrid? That first goal was like a Sunday league team defending a hopeful up and under from an overweight midfielder.

That tactic firghtened them in the first leg too. they looked like foot soldiers suddenly confronted with cannon. you'd've thought ramos' Prem League experience would've taught him the long bass basics.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
nowt from Wesley S, not much from anybody once you strip away the fact of doing nothing from sometimes more possession, bravo Liverpool (poor Sporting).

biographical: couldn't find the Alty season ticket last night, so didn't manage to get along to watch their 0-1 defeat to the chip-nickers of Torquay who scored on 92, instead watched a pleasing performance with beer and KitKats.

gutted about that season ticket, i tell ya
:D

IdleRich

IdleRich
"That tactic firghtened them in the first leg too. they looked like foot soldiers suddenly confronted with cannon. you'd've thought ramos' Prem League experience would've taught him the long bass basics."
Ramos is a perfectly good defender until you need him to defend.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Great, great football last night from Liverpool (and the Chelsea-Juve game was tremendous entertainment too), but I don't really see what any of it means any more in this ultra-globalised (certainly as regards football) age, where 11 mercenaries pay 11 mercenaries.

One team with red shirts beats one team with white shirts, who happen to play their home games in stadia in cities with which they have been associated for a long time. Who exactly are Liverpool fans affiliating themselves with (aside from Gerrard)? Of course the argument goes for any top Premiership team.

It's a bit like Barbarians First XI plays Barbarians Second XI (to mix up football and rugby).

I'm not complaining really, because I watch football for entertainment only and last night was certainly that, but I long ago stopped really giving a shit who wins, because there's little at stake but mega-bucks. Sir Alex vs Jose will be great theatre tonight though, and that's the aspect of football that has really endured (nay, prospered) since the Clough era.

Look at the flags here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_European_Cup_Final

Obviously the situation is different in the lower leagues.

Last edited:

crackerjack

Torres might be a mercenary, as you have it, but you could see whopping Real meant a little extra to the Atletico old boy.

edit: and Liverpool blooded a new Englishman last night - looked quite tidy, too.

crackerjack

Great, great football last night from Liverpool (and the Chelsea-Juve game was tremendous entertainment too), but I don't really see what any of it means any more in this ultra-globalised (certainly as regards football) age, where 11 mercenaries pay 11 mercenaries.

One team with red shirts beats one team with white shirts, who happen to play their home games in stadia in cities with which they have been associated for a long time. Who exactly are Liverpool fans affiliating themselves with (aside from Gerrard)? Of course the argument goes for any top Premiership team.

It's a bit like Barbarians First XI plays Barbarians Second XI (to mix up football and rugby).

I'm not complaining really, because I watch football for entertainment only and last night was certainly that, but I long ago stopped really giving a shit who wins, because there's little at stake but mega-bucks. Sir Alex vs Jose will be great theatre tonight though, and that's the aspect of football that has really endured (nay, prospered) since the Clough era.

Look at the flags here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_European_Cup_Final

Is there any difference between a Spaniard playing for liverpool and a scotsman?

IdleRich

IdleRich
"I meant Juande rather than Sergio, but yeah, god bless the long-hair - he's revived Babel's season."
I was wondering when he played in England. I thought he'd been at Madrid winning plaudits as the world's best defender for yonks. Fairly useful going forward though I guess.

"One team with red shirts beats one team with white shirts, who happen to play their home games in stadia in cities with which they have been associated for a long time. Who exactly are Liverpool fans affiliating themselves with (aside from Gerrard)? Of course the argument goes for any top Premiership team."
Hard to argue with but I think that there is still something indefinable there. All the people going fucking mental in the crowd don't see it that way and that kind of means something in itself.

crackerjack

To some extent the lower leagues are actually worse. The Brighton team I saw on Saturday had just 2 of the same players who started the first game of the season. There might be more national homogeneity but the loan system (esp for potless clubs) is eradicating any sense of club loyalty. players perform for contracts, nothing else.