routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
The only thing that could save this debacle will be if one of the players comes out with a tweet saying "Capello quit - thank fuck. Guy couldnt even speak English, u no wot i mean?"

"Got to be English to replace him. Harry Redknapp for me." Rooney

crackerjack

The worst outcome for football - Tottenham potentially go back to being also-rans when they lose some of their best players without Harry to keep everyone together, leaving us with a Manchester duopoly FOR EVER, and patriotic fervour goes into overdrive with AN ENGLISH MANAGER.

More than that, a COCKNEY ENGLISH MANAGER, which is a whole different elevated level of Englishness in the minds of our media (see El Tel).

hucks

Your Message Here
Surely we all agree the manager should be English? It's cheating otherwise. It shouldn't even be a discussion...

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
It does seem a bit mad that the manager can be from a different country. If we're going to persist with the nation vs nation contest (and undoubtedly the allure has worn off as footballing globalisation has become unstoppable), then we should do it properly at least.

@routes yeah, but I wish Rooney had added something about he could never understand Capello.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
England could appoint God as manager and they still wouldn't win anything. If Redknapp became manager I predict that he'd end up like Hoddle and McClaren. Big Guus is currently unemployed by the way

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
is he drunk? that's brilliant.

I reckon if Redknapp gets the job, he should change his name to Harrizio and start playing 4:2:1:3 while smoking Gitanes and counting his money in the dugout. And wearing a foreign coat.

Last edited:

Lichen

While England languishes the only hope is in thrall to our Jewish masters at Spurs.

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
I think that England should have an English manager even if they are all pretty rubbish. I can understand it for a minor footballing nation but it does kind of seem like cheating to bring in foreign expertise when we've been playing the game for more than a hundred years. I don't think it's a matter of motivation (most of these people will have dreamed about playing for England since they were kids, - I still do! - if they can't get motivated cos the manager has a funny accent then fuck them), it just seems wrong. Still, once the door was opened for Sven it can't be permanently closed again.
I always think that Hoddle would have been a great manager if he hadn't been promoted to England so quickly. He should have had another ten years in the game first... and some people around him to quietly tell him to drop the spirit-healing, disabled people are sinners shite...

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
Alan Shearer says that 'Arry is the man for the job. he's "made for England"

remember that film of Shearer walking round the township at the SA World Cup interviewing people lol

btw he is officially called 'Arry now.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
They had a slow motion replay of the Suarez-Evra handshake incident on MOTD last night, like they were analysing a controversial penalty

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
They had a slow motion replay of the Suarez-Evra handshake incident on MOTD last night, like they were analysing a controversial penalty

Tbh it is more interesting than penalty appeals though, which drive me nuts when they take up half the analysis of a game. It's been given or not been given, it's always going to be controversial, what more is there to say? Either use video replays or don't, but the discussion is execrable.

hucks

Your Message Here
amazing penalty shootout between CIV and Zambia.

The one by the Zambian guy for their fifth where he put it exactly in the top corner was amazing. And the one from their keeper. Coolest penalty ever. They were far the better side, totally deserved the win. Drogba was shocking all game. Sad to see such a great player - one of the best strikers in the world in the last decade - decline so far.

e/y

yeah, that fifth one was incredible - watching it I was sure it wouldn't go in. the keeper was awesome, too. was sad to see Kolo and Gervinho miss theirs, but Zambia fully deserved the win, they played really well.