IdleRich

IdleRich
Can't find who I'm thinking of with a quick google... he probably retired in 2003... fuck it's probably Caniggia.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Have you seen the stats of Liverpool compared to other away teams at Nou Camp this season? They had more possession than anyone else, more passes, more touches in the Barca box and were second over all in terms of shots. Doesn't surprise me, I thought that it must be unusual to see a team have so much of the ball in such dangerous areas... and you could tell the crowd didn't like it. Shame there is CLICHE ALERT only one stat that matters.

version

I feel for Klopp, it's not as though he made any mistakes. He was just up against better players in crucial positions and a couple of his own players were uncharacteristically sloppy. There's not much he could have done beyond what he did.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I feel for Klopp, it's not as though he made any mistakes. He was just up against better players in crucial positions and a couple of his own players were uncharacteristically sloppy. There's not much he could have done beyond what he did.
Yeah that's football in stats; you maximise possession so you can get the ball in dangerous areas, the more you do that the more you are likely to have chances - and in theory, the more good chances the more goals. Liverpool did it all as well as could be hoped and yet...

IdleRich

IdleRich
Notts County, the oldest football club in the world (I think) and my grandpa's team, the club who inspired Juventus to wear white and black, were relegated from the Football League for the first time ever today. It does feel kinda sad.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Have you seen the stats of Liverpool compared to other away teams at Nou Camp this season? They had more possession than anyone else, more passes, more touches in the Barca box and were second over all in terms of shots. Doesn't surprise me, I thought that it must be unusual to see a team have so much of the ball in such dangerous areas... and you could tell the crowd didn't like it. Shame there is CLICHE ALERT only one stat that matters.

49-51 possession at the Nou Camp is pretty wild, given how European games usually go. They dominated Barcelona during periods of the game, which is an achievement. 3-0 it is, but if they play like that regularly, then more European scalps will follow.

Yeah, very sad about Notts County. Going back a few years, didn't realise Juve had invited them to play in the first match at the Allianz Stadium - woudln't have expected that. Now they need to give them Ronaldo on loan.

IdleRich

IdleRich
49-51 possession at the Nou Camp is pretty wild, given how European games usually go. They dominated Barcelona during periods of the game, which is an achievement. 3-0 it is, but if they play like that regularly, then more European scalps will follow.
That's true. Hard to pick themselves up I'm sure but if they keep this team and keep playing this level then they will win trophies... even though they might get nothing this year again.

Yeah, very sad about Notts County. Going back a few years, didn't realise Juve had invited them to play in the first match at the Allianz Stadium - woudln't have expected that. Now they need to give them Ronaldo on loan.
But can he do it on a wet Weds... no, actually I think he could have done a job for them this season. Bit late now though.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Apparently both Salah and Firmino are out for the game against Barca.
Yeah saw that. It's over I think... I mean it was anyway. Though Firmino didn't start in the first leg even though (they said) he was fit did he? Got a feeling they might get nothing this season after City won today...

IdleRich

IdleRich
It's a tough call really. Do they run themselves into the ground tonight trying to claw their way back into an almost unwinnable tie at the risk of being too tired to win at the weekend? Or do they accept that the Champs League has gone and save themselves for the weekend... when City will probably win anyway and make their result irrelevant?