IdleRich

IdleRich
Man City game also fun as they finished with Kyle Walker in goal after subbing Ederson at half time and then havung Bravo sent off. In the end they had to hang on for one all.

IdleRich

IdleRich
In terms of football all I care about right now is the upcoming Lisboa Music Industry five-a-side tournament... looks as though I'm gonna play for the East Side Radio team and we have blagged a couple of ringers who claim they used to play professionally so surely the tournament is in the bag... right?

IdleRich

IdleRich
What position do you play?
Well 5-a-side so all over really but my instinct is to go forward... this thing will just be a bit of fun thoigh I think, probably some good players and some who have never played before. When I worked at Borders they had the booksellers fives and we had some very good players, we played a team with girls and this guy who played semi-pro broke one of their ankles... hopefully won't happen again.
Mourinho to Spurs seems crazy to me.

entertainment

You think Mourinho got that job because he sounds smart on Sky? Part of it I'm sure. He hasn't had a good season since 14/15. Like Gary Neville getting the Valencia job a few years back.

I reckon I'd land a managerial job in no time if you put me on as a pundit on Sky. I'm a natural born football analyst. Dissecting tactical setups with dazzling trenchancy. Immediately either completely dismissing players or lauding as world class with oracular certainty. I've never not been the smartest guy in a football conversation.

version

You think Mourinho got that job because he sounds smart on Sky? Part of it I'm sure. He hasn't had a good season since 14/15. Like Gary Neville getting the Valencia job a few years back.

He came second to arguably the best side the PL's ever seen with a squad everyone else has struggled to crack top four with. He's not been that bad.

version

He's a love/hate figure for me. I really hated him during his time in Spain, but his antics can be pretty entertaining. I'm waiting for him to get a team playing like that Madrid side again though. They were lethal on the break and amazing to watch against everyone but Barca.

version

Redknapp backs Pochettino for Arsenal: “You think the fans wouldn’t love him there? If you go in there and start winning, they would have taken Saddam Hussein in there when he was about, the fans don’t give a monkey's! If you start winning every week, they’re singing ‘there’s only one Saddam’.”

IdleRich

IdleRich
I enjoyed watching Sheff Utd vs Man Utd this afternoon... MU had an exciting flurry during which their youngsters grabbed three good goals and could have had more. Problem is that for the other 75 min, especially the first half they were bad. I guess you could argue that Solskjaer made the right changes to almost snatch it, both personnel and system, but what the hell was he doing to start with? They played like they were two men down for the first half. And why did he wait so long to change things? Amazing that the game wasn't miles out of sight by half time. Fun game though. Swinging back and forth and with a VAR drama at the end for good measure.

luka

Are you still into VAR Rich or have you changed your mind? Having seen it for years in Australia's NRL I was dead against it from the start. Three hours fiddling with the rewind button and they still make the wrong call.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I think that it's a good idea but I have countless issues with the execution. Until those issues are ironed out it's actually causing more harm than good.
I could lick it into shape easily and everyone would love it.