Anything giving you fresh inspriation at the moment?

east

a new music you've just discovered? a film you just watched? a political doctrine you just got turned on to? a food find? a self-revelation about yourself? working some shit out that needed working? a country or place you've just found out about?

Changes in domestic circs have led to a slow realisation that London may not be a living option in the near future, and that feels like a bit of a liberation of sorts. I also rediscovered the joys of 70s Funk the other week, leading to heavy iPod saturation by Betty Davis ever since.

Plus the discovery that, as reluctant as i once was to admit it, coffee totally kicks tea's ass.

edit: 'inspriation'? Shit, why isn't there an edit function for thread titles?

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
a new music you've just discovered? a film you just watched? a political doctrine you just got turned on to? a food find? a self-revelation about yourself? working some shit out that needed working? a country or place you've just found out about?

Changes in domestic circs have led to a slow realisation that London may not be a living option in the near future, and that feels like a bit of a liberation of sorts. I also rediscovered the joys of 70s Funk the other week, leading to heavy iPod saturation by Betty Davis ever since.

Plus the discovery that, as reluctant as i once was to admit it, coffee totally kicks tea's ass.

edit: 'inspriation'? Shit, why isn't there an edit function for thread titles?

Yeah, there's this book just came out called 'The 5 Percenters, Islam, Hiphop and the New York Gods' and it's the book I've been looking for for years with regard the Gods and Earths, and I'm blabbing on about it to everyone.

swears

preppy-kei

No.

swears

preppy-kei
Dunno, might do something like that. I don't think anyone would turn up though, it'd just be like "Who are these gimps?"

polystyle

All the time

Of course ...

Inspiration comes all the time.
That clunk funky electroid track on Ascoltare's space runner mix towards the end.
Seeing Tim Sweeney @ Heathers the other night and acatching up a bit.
Bodzin's set @ Bar 13 Friday night.
The prospect of finishing the new Dominatrix Ep and getting onto the Album
(and possibly collaborating with a recently met German cat).
Doing the live score for a classic 117m Sci Fi with my new mates twice in one night.
Upcoming get together with DCC after DJ High Priest returned from Japan and getting ready for next round of works.
Finishing the Nowthenfter collection of downtown electronic acoustic as Surround Sound DVD.
The show on Dubai that NHK had on the other night.
Congo , Niger music
Morocco , Atlas Mtns
H Hakmoun Orch Tangier free show this Sunday
Optron @ The Kitchen 9/27
The change from summer to early fall ...
mugi tea
mixi
... ...
... ...

Last edited by a moderator:

IdleRich

IdleRich
Dunno, might do something like that. I don't think anyone would turn up though, it'd just be like "Who are these gimps?"
Well, you will never get anywhere with that attitude.

Of course ...
Inspiration comes all the time.
That's more like it. I'm the same, or at least I'm always getting excited by things... for a bit, then it's something new I suppose. At the moment I can't wait to get home and listen to an Aussie biker soundtrack I bought off a guy in a pub yesterday evening. Called Stone, anyone seen it/heard it? Got loads of moog funk/prog weirdness and didgeridoos and stuff, from the brief listen I've had it's great.
Also, just started a new book which is always fun (even though this isn't really that good). Got a free evening for a change tonight, then it's watching football tomorrow, playing football the day after (see if I can make amends for my sending off last week) and clubbing on Friday, barbecue on Saturday and so on and so forth - what's not to get inspired by?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Rich is a little confused, he meant to say he's really enjoying the new Joss Stone album.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Peaches Geldof.

I'm really into the idea of being famous for no reason right now. It's a brilliant concept.