Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Walking in the city

Plus it amazes me that people will queue up for 15 minutes to get a bus which they then travel on for two stops. Happens every morning...

Quote Originally Posted by john eden View Post
    Plus it amazes me that people will queue up for 15 minutes to get a bus which they then travel on for two stops. Happens every morning...
    i've seen people get on the local bus, ride for a half-dozen blocks and get off to go to the gym!! they can run on the treadmill for 30 minutes but god forbid walk down the street for 5 minutes.

Last edited by woops; 27-05-2010 at 05:59 PM. Reason: moved to my blog

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    i've seen people get on the local bus, ride for a half-dozen blocks and get off to go to the gym!! they can run on the treadmill for 30 minutes but god forbid walk down the street for 5 minutes.
    I've heard of gyms in America that have escalators...
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    I've heard of gyms in America that have escalators...
    I've known people who have never walked anywhere, because they have 3 cars.

But they also lived in Wyoming.

It's a big country. With lots of wide open spaces.

Leo, the worst are the people who bring their bikes onto bus...

Quote Originally Posted by mms View Post
    travelling through realms of form and desire, the people encountered seem to be trapped, one such woman saw me and i grabbbed her, trying to free her. Soon i realised she did not want to be free.By then i was trapped. The woman held me with her form. Her embrace was passionate , her form sensuous.
    this quote has haunted me for a while now, what book is it from?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Flavourmore View Post
    this quote has haunted me for a while now, what book is it from?
    Maybe it actually just happened to mms while he was pootling to the corner shop for a pint of milk one day?
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Lots of walking during the Olympics. I showed a colleague my route back to Liverpool Street tonight.

City's getting hot. Pavements getting full. Tubes getting fuller.

didn't plan it this way but will be in town soon. arrive heathrow on the 10th and immediately get a train to the midlands (hopefully the east midlands train strike will be over). wonder how long it will take a taxi to get from paddington to euston station? maybe i should walk.

back in london for a few days immediately after the olympics, hopefully the tube and sidewalks will better by then.

I'm really glad to be out of east London right now.

The city I'm in at the moment can't hold a candle to LDN of course but it is nice getting around by bike, and being able to afford to live by myself right in the centre where the nice bars and restaurants are.

I'm really glad to be out of east London right now.
    spent the day in Brum today and felt this too... East London's just minging right now

Maybe it actually just happened to mms while he was pootling to the corner shop for a pint of milk one day?
    haha!

happens to me most days, just existing. usually ends up in me being branded a 'creep'. good times.

Quote Originally Posted by john eden View Post
    Lots of walking during the Olympics. I showed a colleague my route back to Liverpool Street tonight.

City's getting hot. Pavements getting full. Tubes getting fuller.
    Haven't really noticed the tubes getting worse (apart form the heat) yet, but from what I understand King's X will be like a warzone from tomorrow. Have to find another way home, or just not leave the house.

its fine here you whinging softies. its only slightly busier than usual.

i got to heathrow yesterday with huge amounts of luggage and got it all back on the underground to stratford just after rush hour and it was easy. the tube is a bit hot and sweaty but thats true every summer. i know its fun to whinge but i think in this case its entirely unjustified.