Litter

Anderai

I hate litter too and while we're on the subject (sort of..) any views on people who allow their dogs to shit on pavements/parks and never bother to pick it up?

This is a bugbear of mine especially as I walk my landlady's dog every night and somehow manage to pick up after him. If you walk your dog on a lead then where's the hardship in picking up your dog's shit? All you need to do is take a bag with you for fucks sake.

Woebot

what i hate almost as much as litterers is those fucking arseholes who pretend they aren't actually littering.

you know the twats who buy a carryout and then "carefully" tie all their shit up in a plastic bag and again "neatly" deposit it somewhere "sensible" like "tidily" in a doorway. scum.

@Anderai. or the same people who do it with their dogshit bags. i mean a dog shit i can just about handle- it will dry up and blow away or get rained in to the gutter. a dogshit deposited in exactly the same place in a plastic bag i can not.

Anderai

Woebot....don't misunderstand me here. When I meant using a bag for clearing dog shit, the bag should of course be disposed of in the appropriate bins that are provided or you take it home to dispose of it yourself. Yeah, what is it with leaving a tied bag with your rubbish/dog shit/whatever.....I think people assume that there's council employees solely employed just to take it away. We all know of course that isn't the case which is why this thread exists.

tom pr

Sometimes I see blokes littering and I'm pretty sure they're doing it to prove how much they don't give a fuck.
I think that's exactly what it is. It's the ones who chuck stuff out a car that piss me off the most; they don't even have to carry anything around with them! Just bung it in the glove compartment until you get home for God's sake...

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
I was fined £5 by the police in Bangkok for dropping a cigarette butt on the ground (it would have been £10 but I offered them some fags), so I did get my comeuppance.
I've never understood why smokers who wouldn't even consider dropping a crisp packet will dump fag ends all over the place without even thinking about it.

bassnation

the abyss
@anderai. or the same people who do it with their dogshit bags. i mean a dog shit i can just about handle- it will dry up and blow away or get rained in to the gutter. a dogshit deposited in exactly the same place in a plastic bag i can not.

i've seen dog owners lob them into someones garden when they think no-ones looking. nice little suprise for the home owner.

elgato

I just dont know
ha at Angel the other day i saw a very large shaven-headed tattooed gentleman wearing an england shirt encouraging his small son to cast his lucosade bottle into the middle of the road... "come on son" ... bottle thrown ... "there now there ya go, all gone!". breathtaking. should have said something but i bottled it

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
ha at Angel the other day i saw a very large shaven-headed tattooed gentleman wearing an england shirt encouraging his small son to cast his lucosade bottle into the middle of the road... "come on son" ... bottle thrown ... "there now there ya go, all gone!". breathtaking. should have said something but i bottled it

Fantastic. The future of the country is surely in safe hands.

bassnation

the abyss

i remember walking down at the seaside in leigh on sea with my ex wife and seeing this 7 year old kid smashing bottles on the sea wall, where you get kids, dogs ad infinitum. we tried appealing to his good nature saying "you know a doggy could walk along and cut his feet on that" only to be greeted with "fuck off mister" before he disappeared.

i mean, i used to be a vandal in my teenage years, something i look back on in a not-exactly proud way, but seven? jesus. i was scared to say boo to a goose at that age. am i being an old fogey?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
i remember walking down at the seaside in leigh on sea with my ex wife and seeing this 7 year old kid smashing bottles on the sea wall, where you get kids, dogs ad infinitum. we tried appealing to his good nature saying "you know a doggy could walk along and cut his feet on that" only to be greeted with "fuck off mister" before he disappeared.

i mean, i used to be a vandal in my teenage years, something i look back on in a not-exactly proud way, but seven? jesus. i was scared to say boo to a goose at that age. am i being an old fogey?

Now that right there, that's what it means to have an under-privileged upbringing, in that obviously no-one has ever told him (and, if necessary, backed it up with a clip around the ear) that that kind of behaviour is unacceptable.

N

nomadologist

no i'm 25 and i can't believe what the hoodlums do after school in my neighborhood...they carry boxcutters and once i caught this kid who couldn't have been 13 coming into my window. i thought it was a rat or something so i made my boyfriend go look and there was this kid in my room! he ran like the wind and climbed the barbed-wire fence in the backyard...

Dusty

Tone deaf
I despise dogs simply because of dog shit. Its a heartless thing to say, and I'm aware there must be plenty of dog lovers reading this, but I honestly couldn't care less if they all dropped dead of some yet-to-be-discovered dog flu tomorrow.

I think its because I live on the Dorset coast and we have some beautiful walks around here. But they are forever tainted by the fact you have to spend the whole time watching the ground in front of you for pile after pile of the stuff. After stepping in dog poo for the umpteenth time, suddenly stepping on a discarded crisp packet doesn't seem so bad.

Its the same with parks, you can't just drop on the ground for a picnic or a kick about around here, you have to carefully stake out a position with the least amount of shit on it.