vocaloid 2 - 'singing' software?

bnek

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

apparently this is the best selling software in japan right now. its a pretty grating sound, but not that distinguishable from your generic autotune kiddy pop, is it? i suppose there was the 'frog song', i think well be seeing more synthesized singing in the charts as this kind of technology develops, especially stuff that is marketed to young kids.
personally id be interested in using this in my own music, with some layering and effects, it could be interesting (or really annoying, of course). i wonder if any producers are doing this? i mean for techno/house where youre just going to use pitched/chopped rhythmic vocal loops anyway...
much respect to yamaha too, they've gone out on a limb w/ the tenori-on and have generally been ahead of the curve w/ synth technology over the past few decades. much more interesting than roland have been for the past decade or more...

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
That's the best use of it I've seen so far, I only saw Vocaloid one and it seemed really, really labour intensive for what you got, you had to program phonetically I think...I wonder whether phonetically it's easier to program vocals in Japanese? Is that me being really patronising?

I used Melodyne alot on my last project for vocals and just love what these vocal programs can do, the alien nature of some of the sounds you can get are just great. Vocaloid's been around for quite a while now, I'll look into what changes they've made, and agreed there's some interesting stuff being put out on the market again now.