Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: bloody miserable

Was reading something on Kek's blog about immunotherapy and mental illness - posited that depression could be caused by errant immune responses affecting the body & mind.

I have a mantra "think out, not in" which sounds daft, but is great way of inhabiting the moment, and quashing the negative internal chatter.

The Litany Against Fear is good too.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

UK appoints minister of loneliness.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...-raised-jo-cox

I'm not surprised - the political bit is sickening though (sure Jo Cox would have been delighted to hear Theresa f-ing May gushing blankly about her work), and maybe the Tory party could look into stopping destroying community structures too as an antidote to loneliness?

Quote Originally Posted by baboon2004 View Post
    I'm not surprised - the political bit is sickening though (sure Jo Cox would have been delighted to hear Theresa f-ing May gushing blankly about her work), and maybe the Tory party could look into stopping destroying community structures too as an antidote to loneliness?
    The point is surely that this minister will be the Elastoplast over the gaping wound of the mental health consequences of austerity.

The appointment of the minister is happening exactly because they won’t examine the root structural causes.

maybe the Tory party could look into stopping destroying community structures too as an antidote to loneliness?
    Community structures like the family, which has been under attack from the left forever?

Quote Originally Posted by HMGovt View Post
    Community structures like the family, which has been under attack from the left forever?
    The family has also been under attack by neoliberalism of course, with more success in terms of what has replaced it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to john eden For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by john eden View Post
    The point is surely that this minister will be the Elastoplast over the gaping wound of the mental health consequences of austerity.

The appointment of the minister is happening exactly because they won’t examine the root structural causes.
    obviously I agree with this, but I guess what I was saying is that I'd rather there was an Elastoplast than no Elastoplast, because at least then these issues are in the news. Yep, the Tories aren't ever going to examine the root structural causes because they caused (a lot of) them, so this is the best to be hoped for. At least then there might be some chance of their blatant hypocrisy on the issue of loneliness/mental health being pointed out.
    Last edited by baboon2004; 20-01-2018 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HMGovt View Post
    has it? surely it's been opposed only to a really restrictive and restricting view of the family, rather than the concept itself?

has it? surely it's been opposed only to a really restrictive and restricting view of the family, rather than the concept itself?
    single mums, step parents, the gays, miscegenation. it's like sodom and gomarrah all over again. i blame cultural marxism.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

or even, god help us, giving individuals the cultural power to redefine family to disown the people they're blood-related to, and replace them with people they actually like
    Last edited by baboon2004; 21-01-2018 at 12:05 PM.