Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: bloody miserable

Default bloody miserable

is anyone else having the experience that they're having a miserable time and so is everyone around them?
    can someone on dissensus tell me they're having a great time and tell me why and i'll feel alot happier.even if i'm feeling 20% happier than i was say an hour ago at any point something 30% more shit will come along and mess that up.

i felt better for a bit by listening to satta massa gana by the Abyssinians but that's stopped now.

please let me know that you're having a great time and why/

I've been feeling pretty low for the last couple of years at least, won't bore you with the details. We live in pretty grim times though, perhaps we always have, but it just really sank in recently.

There are happy people around. Optimistic people, creative people that are able to express themselves, people in happy relationships, people that just don't give a fuck, people with good social skills, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by swears View Post
    I've been feeling pretty low for the last couple of years at least, won't bore you with the details. We live in pretty grim times though, perhaps we always have, but it just really sank in recently.

There are happy people around. Optimistic people, creative people that are able to express themselves, people in happy relationships, people that just don't give a fuck, people with good social skills, etc...
    i've got most of thse things and the ppl around me have too, but we're miserable.

No offence, but perhaps you're a bit ungrateful?

EDIT: lol that's a bit rude.

Maybe you should "count your blessings."

Quote Originally Posted by swears View Post
    No offence, but perhaps you're a bit ungrateful?

EDIT: lol that's a bit rude.

Maybe you should "count your blessings."
    you too

Dude, my best friend is an English born Iraqi. She's currently dealing with the bureaucratic nightmare of trying to get her parents (Iraqi exiles living in a neighbouring Arab country) into this country. If she fails, either they stay where they are for the rest of their lives - no foreign travel, no more work - or go back to the peaceful democratic republic of Iraq they left after the Baathists came to power to face fuck knows what.

If she succeeds, she has to do her best to support them. Though she has a good job, and this wouldn't be as impossible for her as it might for some, this is still gonna blow a massive hole in her income and lifestyle. She is easily the most cheerful, popular, person i know.

Sorry, I know 'fings could be worse' probably isn't the answer you're looking for, but a little perspective never hurts.

"You too"

I suppose so...

There are some things constantly on my mind at the moment, people ask me what's wrong but I don't like to talk about it. Maybe I should see a shrink, but you wait ages on the NHS, they are understaffed and have to deal with people who are a real threat to themselves and others because of very extreme conditions.

Ah well, eh.

Or just blame it on the weather - bloody temperature dropped about 8 degrees today

I'm a miserable cunt!

Always have been.

also...
    Quote Originally Posted by mms View Post
    even if i'm feeling 20% happier than i was say an hour ago at any point something 30% more shit will come along and mess that up./
    This is startlingly precise!

Is there a correlation between time spent on blogs and misery, you reckon?

you fucking miserable sods, snap out of it.

i went to some counselling recently for being miserable, total waste of time, i can sort it out myself.

you can be happy or unhappy and it's got almost nothing to do with what's going on, it's just how you choose to approach things.

personally i am gonna see my nephew tomorrow, doing 3 gigs this weekend, got a job making music for an arcade game, it's all good.

loads of things make me miserable like politics, no prospects of being in love or anything like that etc, but sod it, just decide to be positive, do something, be busy.

anyway give me ring anytime for a chat, marcus. don't want to think of you being miz.

oh yeah get off the computer and go outside!

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    i went to some counselling recently for being miserable, total waste of time, i can sort it out myself.
    Seconded... however it does seem to help some people apparently... the temptation though is to turn it into some kind of battle of wills, rather than some kind of creative collaboration.

I'm fucking brilliant at the moment, I made the move from doing curation to making my own work fulltime and spent the past two years doing a masters and working flat out on a piece of work that I've finally finished, and the response about it has been brilliant so far, and I've just spent the last two weeks doing nothing for maybe the first time in eight years. I've got a great partner, a lovely flat, and I make music with some of the best and funniest people I know, and this year we even went on tour with it.

I still feel great even though my sister, her cat and my best mate's girlfriend all died horribly this year, and I totally refuse to let anything life puts in my way from not making me feel absolutely, totally fantastic. Even an armed raid on the house next door yesterday with 10 police cars and machine-gun clad stasi won't stop me from feeling great. Just being alive is such a gift.

'Dare' by The Human League really helps as well, I find.

I hope something works, I got so sick of being depressed in my 20s that I just refuse to now, but it's hard sometimes, alot of the time even.

Quote Originally Posted by mistersloane View Post
    an armed raid on the house next door yesterday with 10 police cars and machine-gun clad stasi
    Did this actually happen?!?