Regeneration

you

Yeah - loads of conflicting forces, repairing people to send em back out to death etc the hypocitical pressures surrounding sexuality, masculinity, prejudice/acceptance etc...

To be honest my minds not really on Regeneration, I just read Oryx and Crake and its really really good, kinda post-cyberpunk, or dystopic speculative social science fiction - really really good and the very unresolved ending has left me dwelling on it... great book, I love anything with a Post Apocalyptic edge and this had that and loads of sci-fi themes I like...

IdleRich

IdleRich
Talking about Regeneration

Well, same here really I guess. I didn't dislike Regeneration but I don't see myself making any effort to read the other two books to be honest. Overall I found that there were a number of good ideas but they weren't always that subtly handled and also that there weren't enough good ideas to sustain the whole book. Plus there were some bits that I really did not like at all, they either made me laugh or - like you - cringe.

"I just read Oryx and Crake"
What's that then? Never heard of it but it sounds good.

crackerjack

anyone seen the film of the book (the first part), aka Behind The Lines?

On telly tonight and mulling over recording it. From the reviews it looks a bit...middling