Thread: Extrmemly trivial Fall trivia

Default Extrmemly trivial Fall trivia

I have a burning need to know (don't ask why) if the Tony Freil who was a founder member of The Fall is the same Tony Freil who played the lead role in Wizbit, the 80s kids TV series about a hat shaped wizard. Does anyone know?

He's got a website here (the Fall one) - ask him. He used to have a load of hilarious letters up there that Mark E Smith sent him when they were both 19, but it's been taken down

http://www.atomicsoup.co.uk/index.html

Mailed him

He hasn't put it on his CV, but is it the kind of thing you would put on your CV?

In a similar vein, the Mothersbaugh/Casale duo who recorded the Rugrats theme are the very same two who play keyboards and bass in DEVO.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Yes, they are, much as the Danny Elfman who did the Simpsons music is the same guy as Danny Elfman from the (rather crap) 80s band Oingo Boingo.

Funny, you'd have thought a band called 'Oingo Boingo' would have been amazing.
    Up there with Showaddywaddy, Kajagoogoo and Anal Cunt, at any rate.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

I think they changed their name to Boingo in the end, in a bid to be taken more seriously.

Ooh, and something I have long wondered: was Barrington Levy's Robin Hood LP the inspiration for Barrington in Maid Marian and her Merry Men?

Tony Freil, ex-of the Fall, confirms by email that he is not the same Tony Freil who played Wizbit.

I'd actually been waiting quite impatiently for the confirmation (or refutation) since you originally posted that you'd emailed him. Thanks for passing on the answer

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/ph...ademic/msmith/
    d'you reckon he played for the FALL?

i've emailed him to find out