half-vinyl, half-cd format

Those fans will just have to buy a turntable, then, with numerous manufacturers currently expanding production. I'm looking around for a new one myself at the moment, but which?

This ... ? [Yes, it's back, the Transcriptor Hydraulic Reference turntable (as seen in A Clockwork Orange)] ... £3,500.

transcriptor-spider-turntable-jpg-289-75.jpg

Or This ... ? [Standard USB turntable] ... £69.99.

ittusb_thumb260.jpg

Or This ...? [Laser Turntable] ... $10,000.

lt1.jpg

mms

sometimes
that standard usb turntable is a nasty piece of work, very basic, we have one at work.
not any room to adjust settings etc, not sure if its actually good for yr records.

TeN

"Mr Holmes - who is credited with revitalising Tom Jones's career, discovering Right Said Fred and popularising Crazy Frog - says that if the format proves popular his company could use it for other bands."
haha
wow

I think the vinyl+cd bundle plus free online download thing might be the future of music though

DJ PIMP

FWIW (i.e. nowt), I read a decade ago about a Kiwi inventor who pitched a working prototype of this concept to the head of Sony.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
"Mr Holmes - who is credited with revitalising Tom Jones's career, discovering Right Said Fred and popularising Crazy Frog - says that if the format proves popular his company could use it for other bands."
haha
wow

What? How can someone be 'credited' with popularising Crazy Frog? That's like 'crediting' Adolf Eichmann with organising the Holocaust.

version

Legendary US producer and guitarist T Bone Burnett is developing a new, ultra-high-fidelity medium for physical music distribution.

Using both lacquer and aluminium, the disc format, dubbed Ionic Original, combines technology from both CD and vinyl manufacturing.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
I had a dream last night that I was in some sort of junk shop and noticed that they had a load of classic early Metalheadz 12s, but when I looked closer I realized that they were actually CD singles, and I was disappointed. Interpret that, head-shrinkers!

mixed_biscuits

I had a dream last night that I was in some sort of junk shop and noticed that they had a load of classic early Metalheadz 12s, but when I looked closer I realized that they were actually CD singles, and I was disappointed. Interpret that, head-shrinkers!
Your subconscious telling you that your imagined twelve incher is really less than half the size?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Diagnosis: you obviously post on Dissensus.