Thread: daft punk - human after all

Default daft punk - human after all

Where's the topic for this? Anyway, what do you all think?
    Last edited by seahorsegenius; 01-02-2005 at 10:35 AM.

Trash

And that's a good thing.

the downtempo tracks stand out, the human tracks

Quote Originally Posted by seahorsegenius
    Where's the topic for this? Anyway, what do you all think?
    I don't know... Send me a promo, and I'll tell you.
    -John

Horrible 'can't be arsed', contractually obliged rush job

Default twelve plays in...

i'm still finding it half-written, perfunctory, emotionally numb, and rhythmically on the lifeless side

except for 'make love' which is sweet

'steam machine' is so cumbersome and plug ugly it's quite impressive

and the concept of 'technologic' is clever -- the dizzy mire of digital-era options

but yeah, on the whole, disappointing

strangely there's a whole squad of people who think it's great!

when certain people rally to the defens(iveness) of certain universally reviled things on ilm, i know i'm right to hate.

Eh I just like how it sounds. Abrasive and rawwwwwwww. the title track in particular, but i like the whole thing pretty much. (Apparently I'm one of the very few...its me and ... who, Ronan?)

I don't know how well it'll age on me but it made a good first impression.

no, there's apparently a growing number who find something in it. it's still a while til i have to review it, so i'll have to live with it a while longer. maybe it will grow on me, but i'm not holding out hope.

Quote Originally Posted by dubplatestyle
    no, there's apparently a growing number who find something in it. it's still a while til i have to review it, so i'll have to live with it a while longer. maybe it will grow on me, but i'm not holding out hope.
    i haven't been into anything they've done since the first album to be honest. my favourite tune of theirs is that one that sounds like a nuclear explosion going off (rollin' and scratchin'?). saw joey beltram drop it at the complex in angel many years ago. total screeching distorted mayhem.

the shiny ultra compressed thing never really grabbed me which seems to be what they've based their subsequent career on.

captain easychord Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bassnation
    i haven't been into anything they've done since the first album to be honest. my favourite tune of theirs is that one that sounds like a nuclear explosion going off (rollin' and scratchin'?). saw joey beltram drop it at the complex in angel many years ago. total screeching distorted mayhem.

the shiny ultra compressed thing never really grabbed me which seems to be what they've based their subsequent career on.
    R + S the top track of that album for sure. i agree completely re: the glossy thing. never seemed as hip as that first album.

I can agree with everything that Simon says--"half-written, perfunctory, emotionally numb, and rhythmically on the lifeless side"--and yet still say this:

There is something innately modernist and ...here's the word...IRREDUCIBLE about this record. I think it is what it is _because_ it is "underdeveloped". "Half-written," in the same way that a painting is "unfinished".

I can be disappointed and bored with this record all I want; it persists. "Human After All" remains. It is a negation; don't listen to it. Whatever. It's still there. I see it as Daft Punk's Beckett moment. "I can't go on... I'll go on."

It's a lifeless record. But so was "There's a Riot Goin' On".

(...which has saved my life.) (I'll go on_

THNKS FR CMNG
    FTR LLL
    Last edited by juliand; 03-02-2005 at 10:17 AM.

Default Okay so it sucks.

so does anyone know if bangalter has remarked why he made such a horrible album?

i am so devestated by this.