MPs, UN, Israel, Iraq, Turkey, Iran, etc

As Vim packs his bags to visit New York's ghettos under Nomad's supervision, he'd be best advised to avoid dressing up as a Manchester Muslim, seeing as Britain's first Muslim Minister has just expressed his disappointment after he was detained at a US airport, where his hand luggage was analysed for traces of explosive materials: British minister detained at US airport . Hardly unusual, given the religious sectarianism now rampant in the US: The US government has closed seven Muslim charities in the United States and frozen their assets. Not one of them, or any person associated with them, has been found guilty of financing terrorism. They will remain shut. George W. Bush can tar any organization or individual, here or abroad, as being part of a terrorist conspiracy and by fiat render them powerless. But then, in these days of shock-and-awe travel, nobody can be sure whether a casual trip to Buffalo will end up in Syria - or as an all-expenses-paid tour of Guantanamo Bay.

On the other hand, US officials visiting France these days don't have time to finish crunching on their baguettes. Former US Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld fled France recently fearing arrest over charges of "ordering and authorizing" torture of detainees at both the American-run Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq and the US military's detainment facility at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, unconfirmed reports coming from Paris suggest: Rumsfeld flees France fearing arrest. In Paris last week, Rumsfeld left a prestigious speaking event in haste, slipping out a side door to avoid the human rights lawyers and journalists waiting to confront him with criminal charges of torture. He reportedly avoided the confrontation by sneaking out a door that attached the conference venue to, of all places, the United States Embassy: No place to hide: War Criminals Beware, Justice Ahead.

Meanwhile, as Vim's favourite country continues its brutal occupation of Palestinian lands, ( Three Palestinians And Israeli Occupation Force Soldier Killed In Gaza Strip ), Israel steps up its blockade of the Gaza Strip by completely cutting off fuel supplies: A spokesman said Israel was also limiting the flow of food and medicines to "the minimum the Palestinians need to avoid a humanitarian crisis." A 'humanitarian crisis'. An orchestrated famine? Starving them to death in total darkness is for their own good, you understand. Though others have different ideas: Abbas urged to stop meeting Israeli officials - "Calling off all the scheduled meetings with Israeli officials is the best reaction to the Israeli imposing of collective punishment on our people in Gaza," the statement said. Elsewhere, Human rights organizations petition supreme court demanding an injunction against Israeli government : The petitioners argued that, contrary to the governments' claims that the population of Gaza will be only slightly harmed, the implementation of this decision could cause widespread humanitarian damage. And then that freedom-fries-challenged country joins the fray once again: France deplores Israel adopting sanctions against Palestinian civilians - France condemned here Monday Israels decision to adopt sanctions that would affect Palestinian civilians in Gaza Strip through imposing restrictions on the supply of power and fuel.

The UN special rapporteur, pulling no punches, appears to agree: Israel is the worst colonial regime - "The Israeli occupation is a colonial regime and an illegal military occupation from the UN's point of view, it continues to annex more Palestinian lands; and thus the Israeli occupation is the worst in the history of colonialism," Ziegler stated in a TV interview. And Syria's not very happy either: Syria backs U.N. nuclear body's criticism of Israel - Syria on Monday endorsed criticism by the U.N. nuclear watchdog of an Israeli raid on Syrian territory and said the international community had been slow to condemn the attack.

As the US occupation, killing and bombing of Iraq gleefully grinds on, desperation sinks to new levels of calculated divide-and-conquer insanity: Chalabi back in action in Iraq - That the U.S. and Iraqi officials are again turning to Chalabi, this time to restore life to Baghdad neighborhoods, speaks to his resiliency in this nascent government. It's also, some say, his latest effort to promote himself as a true national advocate for everyday Iraqis. But that's hardly even an issue anymore among the "nuke 'em all" psychos governing America; they're even delighted with the Turkish invasion too (while scapegoating Iran for Everything): Turkey flexes military might, bombs PKK in southeast - Helicopter gunships bombed Kurdish rebel positions in southeast Turkey on Monday and the government flexed its military muscle with big national day parades and flypasts in major cities. The (realpolitic exchange of signs) US quid pro quo: you have permission to invade Iraq after we formally declare, ninety years late, the Armenian massacre to have been a Genocide ("Go ahead, we won't stop you now; it wouldn't be Proper Diplomatic Protocol. And what with all that oil in the North East!." America Good, Turkey Baaaaad!). And the killing now proceeds smoothly: I5 PKK killed as Turkish army encircles 100 Kurdish rebels - Turkish forces have encircled 100 Kurdish rebels in a mountainous area near the border with Iraq, the Anatolia news agency reported on Monday.

Finally, as everyone in the world bar US/Israel already knows, Mohamed El Baradei yet again repeats that there is No Evidence Iran Building Nuclear Weapons : The head of the U.N. nuclear watchdog said Sunday he had no evidence Iran was working actively to build nuclear weapons and expressed concern that escalating rhetoric from the U.S. could bring disaster. Equally predictable, the US differs with UN nuclear chief on Iran: The White House insisted Monday that Iran wants to build nuclear weapons, even though the head of the UN watchdog agency said he has 'no concrete evidence' of a weapons programme. - Iran says its enrichment activities are aimed only at building nuclear power plants. And, in contrast with the US again, the IAEA sees "good" Iran cooperation ahead of talks: A senior U.N. nuclear agency official said cooperation with Iran was "good" ahead of talks on Monday about Tehran's disputed atomic work, after an Iranian warning that new U.S. sanctions could harm ties with the agency. Showing laboured contempt for such international opinion, the US is presently making a Secret move to upgrade air base for Iran attack plans, with British cooperation: The US is secretly upgrading special stealth bomber hangars on the British island protectorate of Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean in preparation for strikes on Iran's nuclear facilities, according to military sources, while Iran has 'evidence' US is backing 'terrorists' : Iran has access to evidence of US support for terrorist groups in the Middle East, a senior Iranian official has been quoted as saying.

And all is well with the world.

vimothy

yurp
As Vim packs his bags to visit New York's ghettos under Nomad's supervision

Actually she's only buying the ticket. Since I can't understand what it's like to be a wealthy executive drug addict, and Nomadologist can't talk about anything else, I think that's probably best. It sounds lovely though.

he'd be best advised to avoid dressing up as a Manchester Muslim

Having one's bags checked for explosives must indeed be terrible.

Hardly unusual, given the religious sectarianism now rampant in the US

These charities fund terrorist organisations - HLF are a Hamas front group. Read about the trial here. Read about the HLF here. Read about the Muslim Brotherhood's strategic goals here.

Rumsfeld flees France fearing arrest.

France! Surely the irony cannot be lost, even on you, HMLT.

Vim's favourite country continues its brutal occupation of Palestinian lands

You're certainly wrong about that, FWIW.

"Calling off all the scheduled meetings with Israeli officials is the best reaction to the Israeli imposing of collective punishment on our people in Gaza,"

Stop shooting rockets at Israel, perhaps.

"The Israeli occupation is a colonial regime and an illegal military occupation from the UN's point of view, it continues to annex more Palestinian lands; and thus the Israeli occupation is the worst in the history of colonialism,"

Ridiculous hyperbole from a man who described America as an "imperialist dictatorship", guilty of genocide against Cubans (because of its trade embargo(!)). Give him the Khaddafi Prize for Human Rights (which he helped set up) and we can all party together as one, hugging bunnies, long into the night. (Oh wait, it seems that he's already won it)...

As the US occupation, killing and bombing of Iraq gleefully grinds on, desperation sinks to new levels of calculated divide-and-conquer insanity

This is so idiotic it defies comment.

Chalabi back in action in Iraq

BAGHDAD — Ahmad Chalabi, the controversial, ubiquitous Iraqi politician and one-time Bush administration favorite, has re-emerged as a central figure in the latest U.S. strategy for Iraq.

His latest job: To press Iraq's central government to use early security gains from the surge to deliver better electricity, health, education and local security services to Baghdad neighborhoods. That's the next phase of the surge plan. Until now, the U.S. military, various militias, insurgents and some U.S. backed groups have provided those services without great success.

Vicious colonialist bastards!

But that's hardly even an issue anymore among the "nuke 'em all" psychos governing America; they're even delighted with the Turkish invasion too

Of course - we've all been longing to turn the successes of the North of Iraq into failure - and, equally, to finally kill some kurds.

"Go ahead, we won't stop you now; it wouldn't be Proper Diplomatic Protocol. And what with all that oil in the North East!"

As if you think that - if America does intervene, you will call them imperialists hypocritically protecting Kurdish militants from a Muslism country suffering from terrorist attacks because Kurds = good, Muslims (?) = Baaaad.

Finally, as everyone in the world bar US/Israel already knows

How the hell (all of) you know this is beyond me.

Secret move to upgrade air base for Iran attack plans

Why would they be doing this if Iran has no nuclear weapons programme and it's all a neo-con fantasy?

Iran has access to evidence of US support for terrorist groups in the Middle East, a senior Iranian official has been quoted as saying.

Of course they do...

N

nomadologist

Vimothy, why don't you just admit you're on shaky fucking ground? Israel IS a colonial imperialist leftover from GB's glory days, and it's FUCKED UP GLOBAL POLITICS IMMENSELY.

What would you do if a bunch of people from America came over and occupied your little piece of Manchester, or wherever you live? Would you not fight back? Oh wait, you'd bend over for the Lords of Capital, I keep forgetting.

N

nomadologist

Actually she's only buying the ticket. Since I can't understand what it's like to be a wealthy executive drug addict, and Nomadologist can't talk about anything else, I think that's probably best. It sounds lovely though.

Why all the venom about how much money I have (or don't, you really don't know that much about me, believe it or not)? Surely in a free market economy only the strong survive to make it up the executive ladder.

If you think executives don't do junk, you've got another thing coming buddy. Go to Wall Street sometime--it's full of junkies and cokeheads. You're so fucking sheltered and naive. It's absurd.

N

nomadologist

Case in point: my friend from college is a market analyst at Goldman Sachs, his mom was the founder and CFO Intl Fiduciary Trust. One of the biggest cokeheads you'll ever meet.

EDIT: shouldn't out people like that, it's not fair. still i know plenty.

Last edited:

crackerjack

Case in point: my friend from college is a market analyst at Goldman Sachs, his mom was the founder and CFO Intl Fiduciary Trust. One of the biggest cokeheads you'll ever meet.

EDIT: shouldn't out people like that, it's not fair. still i know plenty.

Classy.

If you think executives don't do junk, you've got another thing coming buddy.

Rich people doing drugs????? Jeeezus, i'm gonna add this to my list (Jews like Israel, money is power) of things I never ever knew about til I started hanging out here.

Thank God for worldly Americans teaching us all about those things we never see over here in our tiny English villages.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
If you think executives don't do junk, you've got another thing coming buddy. Go to Wall Street sometime--it's full of junkies and cokeheads. You're so fucking sheltered and naive. It's absurd.

I can't see anything in what Vim said that would indicate he thinks that.

Edit:
Thank God for worldly Americans teaching us all about those things we never see over here in our tiny English villages.
Hahaha, you're so sheltered and naive!

I gather some hooligans kicked over a dustbin in Shrewsbury last night... ;)

Last edited:
N

nomadologist

he acts like it's so weird. he's said it several times, like it's this freakish anomaly. it's not.

when you have been through certain things, you have to make fun of yourself, as a coping mechanism. i know you've all had rosy lives but some of us haven't. i'm sorry it's so offensive that i bring these things up--hate to fog up your pretty picture of what American capitalists are like.

i simply don't give a shit.

N

nomadologist

Classy.

Rich people doing drugs????? Jeeezus, i'm gonna add this to my list (Jews like Israel, money is power) of things I never ever knew about til I started hanging out here.

if you know so much about it, why are your politics so dismally wrong?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
i'm sorry it's so offensive that i bring these things up--hate to fog up your pretty picture of what American capitalists are like.

It's just as well you have, I thought they spent all day donating to charity, petting kittens and taking in crippled orphans to live with them.

vimothy

yurp
Vimothy, why don't you just admit you're on shaky fucking ground? Israel IS a colonial imperialist leftover from GB's glory days, and it's FUCKED UP GLOBAL POLITICS IMMENSELY.

^ one of those one-sided statements no one on Dissensus ever makes.

What would you do if a bunch of people from America came over and occupied your little piece of Manchester, or wherever you live? Would you not fight back? Oh wait, you'd bend over for the Lords of Capital, I keep forgetting.

Actually, we're already occupied. And what are you doing to fight off the Shoggothic Dark Ones? Surely you've got more repsonsibilty - it's your government that is the chief cause of violence and misery in the world and since you live in a democracy, it's really all your fault. Or perhaps you'd prefer to retreat into a womb-like realm of infantile dependence and easy pleasure... Whatevs.

Why all the venom about how much money I have (or don't, you really don't know that much about me, believe it or not)? Surely in a free market economy only the strong survive to make it up the executive ladder.

I don't care about how much money you make. And even if I did care, it'd still be none of my goddamn business. If the company you work for think that you are worth it, then that is up to them.

I only think that you have a lot of money because you were bragging about the fact that you make a lot of money - £75K ($150K) a year - your parents were rich and you went to an Ivy League school, etc, etc. I would say that you are extremely well-off by my standards, and the fact that you constantly go on about your life of ghetto fabulous drug binges as though they are somehow "edgey" is tedious in the extreme.

Maybe we could do an Anglo - US exchange. You show me the grinding poverty of your life as a successful executive in NYC, and I'll show you the gleaming spires of Whalley Range, Oldham and Tameside. You bring the Wall Street grade brown, I'll get us some Houghton Green sputnik.

:mad::mad: See what I mean - why would I think that? Of course execs do drugs. Everybody does drugs. It's a non-issue.

crackerjack

I can't see anything in what Vim said that would indicate he thinks that.

Edit:

Hahaha, you're so sheltered and naive!

I gather some hooligans kicked over a dustbin in Shrewsbury last night... ;)

On closer inspection that was just the cat. Still, I'd like some cctv on the street - teenagers with hoodies were spotted in the next town.

N

nomadologist

vimothy;111167 your parents were rich and you went to an Ivy League school said:
my parents were rich? my dad did mesculin every fucking day, my mom was disowned by the Italians for marrying out of the family, i grew up eating ramen noodles and carrots, and i used to have to feed my baby brother because my mom was so depressed that she slept nearly 24 hours a day for most of my childhood.

i made my own way in this world. i graduated from high school in two states before I was 15. i left my house before i was 17. i got a full scholarship to my college, over $30,000 a year in grants.

so there you go, that's how i was really brought up.

crackerjack

Maybe we could do an Anglo - US exchange. You show me the grinding poverty of your life as a successful executive in NYC, and I'll show you the gleaming spires of Whalley Range, Oldham and Tameside. You bring the Wall Street grade brown, I'll get us some Houghton Green sputnik.

Ha ha ha ha.

I bet they still sputnik up there too, don't they. It ws the dope of choice for my mates round Ashton, Hyde and Stockport. You try to get 'em all sophisto with a nice bit of of the proper green stuff but they just don't wanna know.

N

nomadologist

I only think that you have a lot of money because you were bragging about the fact that you make a lot of money - £75K ($150K) a year

I left my job because I was sitting in on a C------ brand team meeting in NJ, and the execs present literally made a glib joke about how many people were dying of kidney failure from their drug, yet the FDA hadn't pulled it from the market yet. Since this just happened to my grandfather, I was a little disturbed.

I stopped going until they fired me so I could take a six month paid vacation.

Anything else you want to know?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
What the cock is 'sputnik'? Is it manky provincial hash or something?

Edit: hahaha, I love urbandictionary: the first entry under 'sputnik' is the actual satellite, the third one says A derogatory name for hash, esp in Manchester, but the second definition is:

sputnik

shoving a potato in someones ass

We held him down and gave him a sputnik in front of the whole cafeteria

Last edited:
N

nomadologist

^Actually, we're already occupied. And what are you doing to fight off the Shoggothic Dark Ones? Surely you've got more repsonsibilty - it's your government that is the chief cause of violence and misery in the world and since you live in a democracy, it's really all your fault. Or perhaps you'd prefer to retreat into a womb-like realm of infantile dependence and easy pleasure... Whatevs.

I voted Green party in every election since I was 18. And yes, I would prefer to retreat to the realm of the Imaginary (Lacanian slip)--wouldn't we all?

Last edited:

vimothy

yurp
What the cock is 'sputnik'? Is it manky provincial hash or something?

Edit: hahaha, I love urbandictionary: the first entry under 'sputnik' is the actual satellite, the third one says A derogatory name for hash, esp in Manchester, but the second definition is:

sputnik

shoving a potato in someones ass

We held him down and gave him a sputnik in front of the whole cafeteria

LOL! You get what you pay for...