Songs with coughing in

bun-u

Trumpet Police
I'm not sure why, but I like the sound of coughing in songs (maybe because I'm a bit 'chesty' myself) and recently I've heard examples of this by the Associates (Q Quarters), Elephant Man (on Mud riddim) and Chuck Brown (block party)...any others?

gumdrops

beginning of raspberry beret by prince. this might just be the extended or video mix though, i cant remember if he does it on the album too.

loads of hip hop songs too, usually to signify smoking weed. jadakiss has actually made the cough one of his signature vocal sounds.

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
Wu-Tang - Reunited (I've only heard the Funkstorung remix)

The first track on Walter Wegmuller's Tarot. Dieter Dierks introduces all the players and Wegmuller does this big cough before coming in with his portentous vox.

Leo

on one of the villalobos tracks on the "achso" double pack, ("ichso," maybe?), there's a loop of what sounds like someone doing a small cough, maybe more like clearing their throat.

skim

Missy Elliott: Pass That Dutch

and

7 Hurtz: Krystal (I think... definitely one of the tracks off Audiophiliac starts with a good cough)

Lichen

I'm sure one of the tracks on New Order's Technique begins with a little cough, which one though....?

turtles

in the sea
the beach boy - wendy, during the organ solo (best organ solo evah!!) someone coughs in the background. Somehow it only adds to things. I always wonder why, with all the studio-obsessiveness of brian wilson, that they chose to go with the coughing version, i'm sure they knew it was in there...

mms

sometimes
beginning of raspberry beret by prince. this might just be the extended or video mix though, i cant remember if he does it on the album too.

loads of hip hop songs too, usually to signify smoking weed. jadakiss has actually made the cough one of his signature vocal sounds.

it's the 12", it's not on the album
there is a bit at the beginning of a track called jungle by lee perry