Burning cds without any *any* gaps between tracks

smn

Right I'm losing it :mad: How in the fuck can I burn e.g. a mix cd ripped as individual tracks to a cd without any gaps, so that the burned copy plays as smoothly as the original? All the info I've found on the web so far indicates that this is not possible, due to the nature of mp3 files themselves, but here's the thing: I know that I've somehow done this before in the past. I know this because I checked an old mix cd last night which is burned (i.e. not the original), track indented, and yet flows as smoothly as originally intended, without any gaps.

Apps I've tried so far, without success:
- iTunes
- Nero (set pause from 2 seconds to 0)
- Feurio (which I couldn't make head nor tail of)
- a few other generic Windows cd burners floating about on the web

Can anyone offer advice? It's surely possible to do this... ? Ta.

Woebot

in iTunes go:

Advanced>Join CD tracks

or if that's not what you mean go

Preferences>Advanced>Burning>Gape between songs>None

smn

The Advanced>Join CD tracks option is just for ripping cds as a whole.

And the Preferences>Advanced>Burning>Gaps between songs>None is already set.

Does the latter work for you?

Beginning to think there's a problem with my drive or perhaps the shitty Tescos CDRs I have. Need to keep looking...

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
I think it might have something to do with how the track markers were placed in the original. There are a couple of ways to do it and it's going to work alright with some but not others.

Best thing to do would be to record or rip the whole CD into an audio editor and then either put the markers in by hand if your software lets you do that or just burn the big file without any.

hint

party record with a siren
In more recent versions of iTunes, there is a "Gapless Album" tickbox in the Info field when you highlight all album tracks and "get info". Make sure it's ticked.

What version of iTunes are you running? Before this feature was introduced (about a year ago, perhaps?), it was impossible to get gapless playback or burning in iTunes.

ether

basically, if all else fails burn a cd as data i.e individual data files still in the 16bit 44.1khz format in something like toast or nero, it should bypass any of what is referred to as 'redbook' encoding to used author the original disc with gaps etc, try dragging the files in individually and and there should no reason why it shouldnt work unless its got some weird copy protection.