carmen

 
stagnant as fuck.
marcus nasty dismisses tracks from ex grime producers as slow grime

at least he rops a Ruff Sqwad track or two each week

ultrastagnant, sounds like some random file purloined off Rapid's Fruity setup and slightly requantized

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
sorry not feelin much in marcus nasty's sets atm

whereas perempay, circle, spyro, lot of crazy couzins has plenty, though not that much pure uk funky. I like it a bit harder than most ppl doing now, not necessarily grimier, just more percussive

http://vulive.co.uk/ - tonight, friday 8 - 10 - has A SET FROM KARIZMA included

franz

anywhere else to track down recent Perempay sets? his representation on the rinse blog seems pretty spotty lately. he an' Dee still have my heart on the strength of their Be Your Girl mix (although this was always partly on the strength of the very well written/sung original song).

just this second tho', that Fuzzy Logic tune is huge.

optimum

Poochie
last night kode9 dropped what has to be the first dose of uk-funky here in Cambridge. from what I’ve read here it sounds like he performed a similar type of set to nightslugs (gutted I missed that). moulding funky into various dance hybrids. i'm pretty sure he played a zomby dub, which had some lyrics along the lines of " i wanna be your freak" etc.... anyone else hear this?

Yeah that track is the Mark Pritchard/Om mas tune coming out on Hyperdub, Jammer was on top of it at fwd last Sunday. It does sound a lot like Zomby tho.

nochexxx

harco pronting
Yeah that track is the Mark Pritchard/Om mas tune coming out on Hyperdub, Jammer was on top of it at fwd last Sunday. It does sound a lot like Zomby tho.

thanks for the info, since discovered it's called wind it up. first track on this podcast

very surpised to hear it wasn't zomby.