gumdrops

marcus nasty (and fwd) got an unlikely mention in that OMM article on the music content of skins... (as a 'dubstep producer' but hey).

mms

sometimes
really, like what? i think i gave the first harmonic 313 record one listen (don't recall hearing anything like zomby) and decided i hated it.

i think the album is very good, not really chip tune or anything but a really warmed out analogue feeling, really 'well tooled.' he's pretty incredible at creating incredibly fleshy sounds, nothing sounds thin.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
grievous' move down low funky remix fucking killed it earlier. get it out!
Thank you! Yeah kode emailed me to say it went off :) So were people dancing and everything? Sounds like it was a pretty rammo / up for it night.

Other funky things of mine floating around:
Lady Saw & Cecille Loser rmx (this is what Skream has been opening his sets with - only he cut it at 140! Dub Boy and Akki2 been caning this)
Ghislain Poirier: Go Ballistic official rmx (dirty house version of that too)
Refuge: Frozen rmx

One or two things in development.

zhao

there are no accidents
TUNE IDs:

what and who is the one with the male voice sample "get down down down down, down down down down, down down down down, down down down down..." through the entire track? some pianos come in during second half.

also, who and what is this one?

big fanks in advance!!!

Last edited:

hint

party record with a siren
TUNE IDs:

what and who is the one with the male voice sample "get down down down down, down down down down, down down down down, down down down down..." through the entire track? some pianos come in during second half.

Can you name any particular mixes where you've heard it?

To get the obvious suggestion out of the way, it's not this is it (or a version of it)?:

zhao

there are no accidents
To get the obvious suggestion out of the way, it's not this is it (or a version of it)?:

haha yes that's it! thanks! but don't know who did the funky remix...

any idea about the other one?

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
is it this?

i think there are a bunch of them it was a massive hit in the uk bk in the day.

i thought it was that too but no. i looked at all of the remixes on youtube but couldn't find the version i have, which is much better than any of them IMO.

nochexxx

harco pronting
yo slackk, can you shed some context of this simbad b2b karizma mix?

i've no idea who these guys are and this mix is confusing me somewhat. i've only heard the first third and i'm loving the scratchy recording. reminds me of hearing early wbmx mixes, but this is the thang, sounds very american, but i'm thinking it isn't !?