Ory

warp drive
tbh i got it from a filesharing site. was on a EP together with "get low" and "ibiza". dunno if it's anything official.

wise

bare BARE BONES
found it!

SSR036 apparently

yeah Funktion's a beast! totally missed that one somehow, from 2010 though it seems :slanted:

Benny Bunter

jook 10s a funny one. i don't think he's done anything anywhere near as good as 'bounce' or especially 'Feelin lonely' (one of my favourite ever funky tracks).

The only other two tunes I've liked by him are 'Get up' and the MJ remix, but they're both
almost completely ruined by terrible over-limited mastering...sounded wicked on the radio but when I got hold of the mp3s I was well disappointed.

Where can I hear this Funktion tune then?

benw

this is weird - i got funktion ep off juno but it seems to be gone now. Was exactly the release Ory describes, get low & ibiza. very bizarre. seems like something happened with soulserious. i guess if people are interested i can dropbox it? lemme know.

wise

bare BARE BONES
yeah Feelin Lonely's great, first Jook 10 tune I heard I think.
I was listening to the Invasion EP yesterday and Daka is pretty good, simple but effective

edit...

actually it was Get Low not Daka

Last edited:

rrrivero

gB6RQ.png

Christmas is saved

Murdz gave away a remix of Sensitivity I don't know why people bother remixing that track, it should be off limits.
Jook 10 gave away a remix of Pump it up, which is okay I guess Free track from a guy called Young Canadian Primitive, so far the best giveaway of this Christmas more deep house than funky though, but it's sweet

Still waiting on that Funkystepz EP, somebody did a mash up of them and Destiny's Child, available here:

Last edited:

denoir

FS also posted it on FB/Twitter...

The Refix EP feels a bit forced, as if they HAD to put something out...I was hoping they would give away some of their unreleased remixes for Vybz, Six D etc...I've only listened to it once though...

Tokyo Drift is great and I'm also feeling the destiny's child mashup, well thought out

rrrivero

promising collab that! By the way, did LR Groove give out Device this year or last? I forget (stomper of a tune)

edit: well pleased with these tunes, I fully endorse this collaboration project

Last edited: