gumdrops

lol - i dont mind the lack of chinstroke action, i think its just about better songwriting. nothing to offset cheesiness/insipidity like a killer pop song.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
not even what they are saying sometimes, its the singing. just dire

Yeah, that's what bothers me most. They all have that dumbgirl "i can sing well good, me" nasally you-tube-video-posting warble. They should get Lady Ny to vocal funky tunes, that'd be serious.

If you wanna talk about unbearably cringe-y lyrics tho, I don't think anything comes even close to Donaeo's 'African Warrior'. Actually, Crazy Cousinz 'Bongo Jam' comes in 2nd.

gumdrops

at least bongo jam seems aware of its silliness. donaeo seems to really be taking himself seriously! its bad enough he thinks hes a 'soulful' (yet not - his voice is too weak) singer, but those lyrics on AW are *too* dumb. i dont mind all the sexual/lovey lyrics (i actually like do you mind for the fact its not as overt as a lot of modern R&B can be - its suggestive rather than crude) but a lot of these 'proper songs' seem too churned out. they just go in one ear...

Last edited:

hint

party record with a siren
Yeah - "African Warrior" is nowhere near the worst offender.

All that "he's got me on lock" and "I'm-a ride or die" stuff on "Frontline" is pretty weak, I think.

continuum

smugpolice
Yeah - "African Warrior" is nowhere near the worst offender.

All that "he's got me on lock" and "I'm-a ride or die" stuff on "Frontline" is pretty weak, I think.

I've not even got round to clocking the lyrics properly yet on African Warrior. The beat is ridiculous.

I love that Frontline track. The female sampled vocal is great. Devoted girls are what I like.

doom

Public Housing
New Roska is up on junod/l for the digital massives (on beatport as well I think, if you are that way inclined)

I LOVE the girly vocals me! Given the choice between "Idol-esque" vibrato over content bollox & the "dumbgirl" nasal-tronics, I'll take the later n-e-day! But, I'm a massive one for cack handedness. Tho, I have had Natalie Broomes on 'eavy rotation this week & loads of Copyright tunes w/ girls that obv. learnt to sing in church, but I like that contrast.

I also like that 'Frontline' sounds like it was recorded thru a sock.

All about the sweet & sour vybz!!!

Last edited:

gremino

Moster Sirphine
What's the problem everybody has with African Warrior's vocals? I like them. Donae'o is way better singer than other funky singers.

faustus

Footloose 1xtra 28/10

Producer Spotlight: Roska

Roska – Feeline (VIP Mix)
Roska – Climate Change EP
Roska – Pyramids
Roska – Gone To A Better Place
Roska – Nasty Nasty
Roska – K- Tonic (VIP Mix)
Roska – Fingerprint (The Print Remix) (Invasion Records)
Roska – Bounce

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2BYR6YCE

i know lots of people don't like megaupload but i don't care

nomos

Administrator
thanks faustus. i caught his rinse set the other day too. recorded but the stream was dropping so it's not really worth posting

gumdrops

anyone go incognito last night?

that kissing strangers track is really good.

my fave bit of adlibbing from the marcus nasty show this week - 'its marcus nasty. OBVIOUSLY.' lol