Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Need a tune ID

Not a funky tune, actually, but was played a lot by funky DJs. Tropical, soft tune:

Male vocalist: 'Its just the way you move that got me badadadah dah be this wayyy'

Benny Bunter

Need a tune ID

Not a funky tune, actually, but was played a lot by funky DJs. Tropical, soft tune:

Male vocalist: 'Its just the way you move that got me badadadah dah be this wayyy'

courtney dennie - signed and sealed

this was on invasion records, produced by either OB or MA1 iirc, so I guess its fine to call it '1st wave' funky then. luvvit

Benny Bunter

Anyone know what the second Rnb-ish tune is on this set? I've heard it getting played quite a bit by them and I love it. I think the chorus goes something like 'Its just the way you move/ that I really think that I could be your man' with the funky/squelchy bassline following the melody.

thats me asking for a ID of the exact same tune off a petchy set 6 (!!!) years ago. those were the days...do you remember this one?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
courtney dennie - signed and sealed

this was on invasion records, produced by either OB or MA1 iirc, so I guess its fine to call it '1st wave' funky then. luvvit

YES

The MA1 connection makes sense as it was around the same time as 'Give It Up To Me' the MA1 mix which had a similar vibe and which I absolutely loved also.

Thanks

BTW are you on radio at all? I feel like you should be

rubberdingyrapids

uk-funky-poster-320x445.png

irish23

Lighter - Skanker

Req: Lighter - Skanker

I've managed to source the vinyl for this but not sure on quality, would anyone be kind enough to send me the version that was available on Dubplate.net? Been after this for ages!

muser

I feel there is a tide of percussive, syncopated, drum oriented tracks coming back into UK dance, uk funky was there then it went quiet... dunno maybe gqom and other african electronic genres' growing influence is leading sounds back in that direction. It's interesting hearing TSVI playing old tribal house tracks in his sets

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Can you give examples?

Feel like the rise of afrobeat music from LDN Artists is a bit of a funky resurgence on the sly. Not even that sly when you consider Ill Blu are producing MoStack.

muser

https://soundcloud.com/enchufada/zulu-black-eye

its mostly "fringe" stuff I guess, maybe i'm just cherry picking from my own tastes..just feel i've been finding alot more of the kind of percussive tracks that blend so well with funky and afro-house. Maybe it's more people playing out artists like niggafox, dotorado pro, hagan, gqom etc in their sets than it being produced directly in the ldn continuum or whatever, but the bongos are back

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Love some of those bits you just posted. (Gives me a bit of inspiration to produce again cos it sounds like something I COULD conceivably make... Just like funky was.)

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
'Frontline' by Princess Nyah on Spotify has me pure nostalgic for 2010 listening to Marcus and Mak 10 on Rinse :weepemoji:

Anyone got a link to that?

Fire over some uk funky sets for me to bathe my wrinkles in

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
How is Doneo's insane 'Pet Semetary'-ish plan to resurrect UK Funky going btw?

I sneer now but if it came off I'd be straight on the bongo led conga line